+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Just renewed our 3 x season tickets very easily. Can’t understand what all the fuss is about
    It's about inclusivity that the club raves on so much about. But falls short here.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Just renewed our 3 x season tickets very easily. Can’t understand what all the fuss is about
    That’s a very selfish attitude you have !

I’m alright jack, sod those who do not use/understand the tinternet

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s a very selfish attitude you have !

I’m alright jack, sod those who do not use/understand the tinternet
    I’m not selfish at all, just feeding back my experience of purchasing our 3 season tickets. . If anyone needs some assistance just pm me, happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Without being nosey, roughly where were you sat (happy to message you on this, if that's better)? My son and I have been in the same seats in the Family Stand for the past 9 years. Although it's a bit quiet in there and you're too close to the away fans, we have a great view that's three-quarters of the way up, slap-bang in the middle of the goals. Also as Nobody's Rep says above, I've got to know the people sitting around us and it's a nice group. No idiots and plenty of good chat etc.

An error came up on the website last week when I tried to renew, so I called the ticket office. They said that as my son will be 17 in the autumn, we'd have to leave the Family Stand. Paranoid I know, but I wasn't sure if they'd put a note next to my account if I followed the advice of those sat near me who told me to re-register my son's ST in my daughter's name, who is younger. So we've now taken two seats in the Ninian, adjacent to the 18-yard box towards the Canton End. In addition to the extra £80, I too am a bit apprehensive about moving to a new seat, and who will be nearby etc, especially on seeing your "people nearby make it unbearable" comment. The Ticket Office told me I could move seat once the early bird window has closed, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do so once the season starts, even though there will be plenty of spare seats.
    The same happened to us a few years ago although later than 17 for my boy for some reason so we moved to the canton but we are in a great area with good people - not affected by the premiership season either as everyone renewed every season since - good luck in the new seats although if some of the doomsday scenarios are right about low season ticket sales it maybe you are either in a lot of space around you or if you are near idiots then you would probably have choice to move elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Disagree, when you spend a lot of money you expect customer service,
    What else have they got to worry about. I assume income generated for next season is a priority, but they are not helpful in the slightest.

Computer says no attitude
    Trying to buy a season ticket in person at the ticket office, during a period of online sales only, is like wanting to buy an item on eBay and turning up at eBay head office demanding to pay in cash and have it on the spot. Tickets will be for sale by phone and personal caller shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Can you name me another business that hasn’t opened their doors to welcome customers back.

It takes as long to serve a customer face to face, as it does over the phone

It’s just illogical not to open the doors to welcome customers back
    No, its illogical to expect to buy a season ticket at the stadium ticket office when they are being sold only online.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No, its illogical to expect to buy a season ticket at the stadium ticket office when they are being sold only online.
    Do you work in the ticket office, or know someone who work there?
    Seems you are going out of the way the defend the indefensible

Another selfish poster

It is illogical. It would also seem perfectly logical to facilitate in-person ST sales as well. A very tiny cost in the bigger scale of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Do you work in the ticket office, or know someone who work there?
    Seems you are going out of the way the defend the indefensible
    This is just daft. I am surprised that anyone wants to work in the ticket office anyway, the amount of unnecessary criticism they get. How am I defending the indefensible anyway - tickets will be available this week by phone and thereafter in person. All people have had to do is wait a week but no, they turn up at the ground demanding their ticket immediately as if they have some god given right to have it there and then.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It is illogical. It would also seem perfectly logical to facilitate in-person ST sales as well. A very tiny cost in the bigger scale of things.
    But they are doing it soon. There is no problem, just people being difficult.

I hope everyone has checked their passports validity ahead of their summer holidays. Dont think you can just turn up at the office these days and get one.🙂

This is just daft. I am surprised that anyone wants to work in the ticket office anyway, the amount of unnecessary criticism they get.
    It's interesting that you're so defensive about the ticket office and the way in which the club is handling season ticket sales when you don't actually understand the system yourself.

Yesterday at 11:26 am you boldly stated the following:

"City season ticket sales are currently only open online to existing season ticket holders or members to renew. They are not on general sale."

That was incorrect. False information. Season tickets are on general sale to anyone who wishes to buy one. So you were wrong, again. It's clear that you don't understand the club's sales system and yet you defend it at every opportunity. We can only hope that everyone else isn't as confused about the situation as you so obviously are.

But they are doing it soon. There is no problem, just people being difficult.
    Yeah, all those awkward sods turning up at the TICKET office with the money to buy their season TICKETS eh.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, all those awkward sods turning up at the TICKET office with the money to buy their season TICKETS eh.
    It gets worse bob. Some idiots have been turning up at the club shop without realising it is now only open 1 working day a week. Take your money elsewhere and stop putting a burden on our club! Don't these people know the club have more important things to do than selling stuff to them?

https://www.cardiffcityfcstore.com/page/openinghours

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's interesting that you're so defensive about the ticket office and the way in which the club is handling season ticket sales when you don't actually understand the system yourself.

Yesterday at 11:26 am you boldly stated the following:

"City season ticket sales are currently only open online to existing season ticket holders or members to renew. They are not on general sale."

That was incorrect. False information. Season tickets are on general sale to anyone who wishes to buy one. So you were wrong, again. It's clear that you don't understand the club's sales system and yet you defend it at every opportunity. We can only hope that everyone else isn't as confused about the situation as you so obviously are.

he wouldn't reply when you pointed this out to him yesterday. Let's see if he goes awol again now......

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The same happened to us a few years ago although later than 17 for my boy for some reason so we moved to the canton but we are in a great area with good people - not affected by the premiership season either as everyone renewed every season since - good luck in the new seats although if some of the doomsday scenarios are right about low season ticket sales it maybe you are either in a lot of space around you or if you are near idiots then you would probably have choice to move elsewhere
    Thanks. Someone under the age of 16, at the start of the season, needs to be in the party for a group Family Stand booking. Just realised I'd have saved £31 by taking out an extra ST in my daughter's name! A change is as good as a rest though, so hopefully the new seats will be ok. If nothing else, it gives us a different view. Also as you say, I doubt we'll be packed in like sardines next season......

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Thanks. Someone under the age of 16, at the start of the season, needs to be in the party for a group Family Stand booking. Just realised I'd have saved £31 by taking out an extra ST in my daughter's name! A change is as good as a rest though, so hopefully the new seats will be ok. If nothing else, it gives us a different view. Also as you say, I doubt we'll be packed in like sardines next season......
    My son couldnt wait to move when he turned 16. We were surrounded by kids who spent more time on their Ipads than watching the game.
    You'll probably also see more goals at the Canton end. Given our habit or not troubling the scorers in the first half this season, together with our tendency of attacking the Canton Stand in the second half, I doubt you saw many goals at close proximity this season.
    Your son might also extend his vocabulary in your new seats 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    My son couldnt wait to move when he turned 16. We were surrounded by kids who spent more time on their Ipads than watching the game.
    You'll probably also see more goals at the Canton end. Given our habit or not troubling the scorers in the first half this season, together with our tendency of attacking the Canton Stand in the second half, I doubt you saw many goals at close proximity this season.
    Your son might also extend his vocabulary in your new seats ��
    Thanks. I've thought of everything you've listed. His vocabulary is already apprentice docker, so not much polishing needed there!

Look, sorry about this but what part of the instruction from the club that ‘ season tickets are currently only available online’ didn't they understand ? This season is still going on and they have other things to deal with, so it is reasonable to start the sale online first. They have already announced that phone purchases and personal purchases will be available soon, before the early bird window closes. Why would anyone go down to the ground now to buy in these circumstances ? Criticising the club like this is just plain silly - the people need to take responsibility for their own actions.
    Why do you constantly defend the indefensible? I went into Hays Travel in Queen St the other day to pay some money off a holiday, got my card out but had cash in my wallet and offered that instead, the woman said ‘Of course we’ll have it off you you, the only thing we don’t take on payment is luncheon vouchers (while laughing)”. Now that’s the attitude a money making concern should have, not doing its utmost to put obstacles in people’s way.

Can anyone tell me please, when is the last date the seats are protected in buying a new season ticket. I want to stay in the Canton but want to change seats a bit further down.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Can anyone tell me please, when is the last date the seats are protected in buying a new season ticket. I want to stay in the Canton but want to change seats a bit further down.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tickets/seasontickets

The Lone Gunman, thanks for that.

Just done mine, it was painless. Agreed there should be a bit more sympathy from the club for those not computer literate though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just done mine, it was painless. Agreed there should be a bit more sympathy from the club for those not computer literate though
    Painless if you're renewing I'd imagine. Not so painless if you're trying to buy a new season ticket, as DubaiDai can testify.