When I lived in Cardiff (i.e. until 2018), I’d always drive to the ground, go to the ticket office, pay for my tickets on my card and the whole thing was completed in a few minutes with no problems. Sometimes I’d ring them up if I had a query about the sale of season tickets and, again, my problem would be resolved within a minute or two.

By contrast, the Trust received quite a few requests from people who were not too computer literate last year who were completely in the dark as to how they could renew their season ticket because they could not contact the ticket office in person, by phone or by e-mail - those who had posted correspondence to the club by letter tended not to get a reply for weeks or months, if at all.

Of course, this was at a time when there were still Covid restrictions in place, but these had been eased and shops had long since been open to the public for all goods, it was only places like pubs, restaurants and nightclubs that were still affected. Also, what you had tended to find in lockdowns was that businesses expanded the services they provided by phone, rather than shut them down completely like the ticket office did.

Now, we reach a stage where Covid restrictions are more or less a thing of the past and yet the services offered by the ticket office are almost non existent- a forelock tugger like dml can scold us customers of the club for having the effrontery to be critical of how season tickets are being sold this year as much as he likes, but the plain truth is that the service being offered is nowhere near as good as it was pre Covid - people are well within their rights to be upset that, for example, they cannot go to the ticket office on a match day and buy their season tickets there and then.d