+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Have been trying to purchase a season ticket since Friday last week, without success.
    When you go onto each section you are shown what is available and what has already been taken.
    You click on an availability seat and go through to payment. You then get a message to say that seat is being held for another season ticket holder.
    It has happened on every selection I have made.
    I am then informed to telephone 0333111920 to sort out over the phone.
    I have rung this number at least 10 times and have held on until I am cut off.
    Do the club want to sell advance season tickets for next season ?

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Forgot to mention I have been to the ground twice but everything closed, despite the web site confirming opening times during the week

It works straight forward for renewing the existing seat.
    I have tried to relocate people to the Canton and it’s annoying that you cannot see the availability without going to the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    It works straight forward for renewing the existing seat.
    I have tried to relocate people to the Canton and it’s annoying that you cannot see the availability without going to the basket.
    But it fails to show what is ACTUALLY available until you go through to payment. No one seems to be contactable ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But it fails to show what is ACTUALLY available until you go through to payment. No one seems to be contactable ?
    The available seats have a light grey square around them. All the rest are reserved for existing season ticket holders for the time being. The available seats are quite easy to identify when you’ve worked that out, although there’s no explanation on the site.

I could not bye on phoned ticket office and they sorted it for me within mins

I chained myself to the club shop door in protest , I'm bloody freezing now and need a wee , Dai Hunt cycled by but didn't stop ?

I might be an old-fashioned sort, but I'm going to wait for the phone lines to open. Even so, it's a bit silly that you can't just phone it - that's the way it used to work.

I tried to give the club 968 pound yesterday in the ticket office.
    Wasn't allowed to.
    They talk of Cardiff city being inclusive, but by having only one means of getting a season ticket, isn't very inclusive. Phone lines open Tuesday... All well and good if you don't work in the week, but when we phone and on the line for ages, I'm sure the boss in work will be agreeable to allowing that.

What is wrong with a person face to face taking details and payments ?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Wasn't allowed to.
    They talk of Cardiff city being inclusive, but by having only one means of getting a season ticket, isn't very inclusive. Phone lines open Tuesday... All well and good if you don't work in the week, but when we phone and on the line for ages, I'm sure the boss in work will be agreeable to allowing that.

What sort of bizarro world is it where someone representing a football club tells someone wanting to give them nearly a thousand pound that they cannot accept it

This summer’s recruiting really does need to fire the fans up a bit because I dread to think what the crowds are going to be like next season without something which captures the imagination given what’s happened on and off the pitch this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What sort of bizarro world is it where someone representing a football club tells someone wanting to give them nearly a thousand pound that they cannot accept it

This summer’s recruiting really does need to fire the fans up a bit because I dread to think what the crowds are going to be like next season without something which captures the imagination given what’s happened on and off the pitch this season.
    The system they use for online ticket booking is atrocious. It fails on both functionality and ease of use. The club have shot themselves in the foot in terms of customer engagement. Apart from anything else they fail on a fundamental aim; they encourage people to purchase tickets online so as to reduce staff numbers for one to one engagement then, because the system is useless, what do people do?..
    they ring the club up asking for help and thereby clog up more staff resources, time and, ultimately money!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The system they use for online ticket booking is atrocious. It fails on both functionality and ease of use. The club have shot themselves in the foot in terms of customer engagement. Apart from anything else they fail on a fundamental aim; they encourage people to purchase tickets online so as to reduce staff numbers for one to one engagement then, because the system is useless, what do people do?..
    they ring the club up asking for help and thereby clog up more staff resources, time and, ultimately money!
    I finally managed to secure mine but not an easy experience. As TLG mentioned once you finally get the system it all becomes clear.
    A clearer key explanation would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Wasn't allowed to.

My brother had the exact same experience, he arrived early at the ground yesterday , saw the ticket office was open and empty so went in and asked to renew both our season tickets only to be told it could only be done online. Strange business that doesn’t want to take its customers money !

I am planning to move from our seats for next season. Nothing wrong with the seats, in fact they're perfect for what I need for my lad and me.

But the people nearby make it unbearable.

Funny thing its the first time me and my mate have ordered with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I am planning to move from our seats for next season. Nothing wrong with the seats, in fact they're perfect for what I need for my lad and me.

Talking to everyone in our immediate area on Saturday and all saying that they had renewed and part of that is keeping seats with people who are around you that you get to know and get on with - makes a big difference to the match day experience - shame when you move when you don't want to because of others. It can be a bit of a lottery - hope you get lucky

You’re to my left Boss, come closer to the Canton, more inline with the corner flag. Decent bunch by there.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    My brother had the exact same experience, he arrived early at the ground yesterday , saw the ticket office was open and empty so went in and asked to renew both our season tickets only to be told it could only be done online. Strange business that doesn’t want to take its customers money !
    So, we have a ticket office open but unable to sell tickets ( it’s a ticket office). Odd

Without being nosey, roughly where were you sat (happy to message you on this, if that's better)? My son and I have been in the same seats in the Family Stand for the past 9 years. Although it's a bit quiet in there and you're too close to the away fans, we have a great view that's three-quarters of the way up, slap-bang in the middle of the goals. Also as Nobody's Rep says above, I've got to know the people sitting around us and it's a nice group. No idiots and plenty of good chat etc.

An error came up on the website last week when I tried to renew, so I called the ticket office. They said that as my son will be 17 in the autumn, we'd have to leave the Family Stand. Paranoid I know, but I wasn't sure if they'd put a note next to my account if I followed the advice of those sat near me who told me to re-register my son's ST in my daughter's name, who is younger. So we've now taken two seats in the Ninian, adjacent to the 18-yard box towards the Canton End. In addition to the extra £80, I too am a bit apprehensive about moving to a new seat, and who will be nearby etc, especially on seeing your "people nearby make it unbearable" comment. The Ticket Office told me I could move seat once the early bird window has closed, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do so once the season starts, even though there will be plenty of spare seats.

Basic questions that could easily be answered by ticket office staff. But hay hi you are left to fend for yourself

Tomorrow will be another nightmare, as everyone calls the ticket office on the phone at 10am, to renew their tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Look, sorry about this but what part of the instruction from the club that ‘ season tickets are currently only available online’ didn't they understand ? This season is still going on and they have other things to deal with, so it is reasonable to start the sale online first. They have already announced that phone purchases and personal purchases will be available soon, before the early bird window closes. Why would anyone go down to the ground now to buy in these circumstances ? Criticising the club like this is just plain silly - the people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Look, sorry about this but what part of the instruction from the club that ‘ season tickets are currently only available online’ didn't they understand ? This season is still going on and they have other things to deal with, so it is reasonable to start the sale online first. They have already announced that phone purchases and personal purchases will be available soon, before the early bird window closes. Why would anyone go down to the ground now to buy in these circumstances ? Criticising the club like this is just plain silly - the people need to take responsibility for their own actions.
    Disagree, when you spend a lot of money you expect customer service,
    What else have they got to worry about. I assume income generated for next season is a priority, but they are not helpful in the slightest.

Computer says no attitude

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Can you name me another business that hasn’t opened their doors to welcome customers back.

It takes as long to serve a customer face to face, as it does over the phone

It’s just illogical not to open the doors to welcome customers back

Just renewed our 3 x season tickets very easily. Can’t understand what all the fuss is about