Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Interesting thread this. I may be farting in church here but I've got some sympathy with DML. I'm sure the club could do more to improve customer service but I don't understand the 'indefensible' bit.

I'd received a couple of e mails off the club explaining how this process was going to work and it was on the club site too. People had until last Friday to reserve their existing seats. Online and phone until the Monday, then the ticket office was open each day until the Friday. Three options to renew last week; online, telephone or in person. There would then be a week's suspension of sales to allow people in the Upper Ninian to relocate. From this Monday general sales will resume, at early bird prices, until June 1st via online or telephone. It doesn't seem too obtuse to me, I don't understand why people are getting so angry.

I had a very quick look at how other clubs are doing it. Unless I misread, Bristol City and Reading are having no in-person sales at all (and Swansea's early-bird offer ended on January 31st) and the suspension of sales to allow relocation seems a common thing. I'm not saying we couldn't be doing it better but it doesn't seem radically different to others and it was all explained clearly in advance.

I went to the ticket office last Thursday to renew tickets for me and my two boys and it was all sorted in a few minutes. The girl who dealt with me was very helpful and seemed happy to accept my money. I'd prefer the ticket office to be open more often but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm certainly not looking for an argument but what has the club done here that's indefensible?
Thank God they have seen sense and have allowed face to face transactions.
See it wasn't hard