+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Season tickets suspended until May 23rd.No explanation as to why.Gone on holiday,Gone away.funeral,updating the system.Keep your £960 we don't want it.God knows and he ain't saying..
    Another one who cant be bothered reading the information that the club released about the pause in season ticket sales but still has the cheek to insult the club over it..

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m not knocking the club on 100% of its workings. The early transfer deals are very encouraging, ok not household names, but the club certainly aren’t letting the grass grow. But I will continue to gripe about things that piss me off, as you know the ticket office & club shop are my biggest bugbear.

I’ll give you a ‘for instance’. A while back I checked what credit I had due to Covid postponements, it was around £70. I discovered that the club shop had reopened but only on Saturdays. I wanted a new coat and there was one I fancied at the shop for about £90. Marvellous I think, I’ll go and get it, even though I was owed the £70 I went with the mindset I was getting a new coat for £20 odd. I pick the coat up, get to the till but it wouldn’t accept my credit. I was told, yes, you are owed £70 but you can only use it online?? I put the coat back and left, who would spend £90 on an item of clothing that you couldn’t try on?

Anyway, sod the coat, renewed my season ticket with the £70 discount but the club lost out on a £90 deal due to their poor way of doing business. I’m of the opinion that businesses, especially after the disastrous pandemic, should leave no stone unturned in filling the coffers. Oh, the PR and advertising wing of the club needs a kick up the arse as well, the sale of season tickets should be being trumpeted throughout the area while the truth is that potential new fans have no clue whatsoever.
    Try it on in the shop and buy it online.

For the record, the ticket office werevery helpful when I rang on Tuesday and, at their suggestion, emailed them straight afterwards with my requirement to move to a seat I know was being vacated. The task was completed within minutes.

It’s not the easiest system to use, I can imagine those who are not that comfortable navigating online pages and forms struggling with it.

It’s actually easier to navigate on an old PC I use in work than it is on phone or tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s not the easiest system to use, I can imagine those who are not that comfortable navigating online pages and forms struggling with it.

It’s actually easier to navigate on an old PC I use in work than it is on phone or tablet.

Too help me with booking season tickets on the tinternet, the ticket office manager invited me down to talk/show me how to do it.

They attempted, 4 times to go through the booking process on my iPhone.
    4 times without success, they had to use their computer to book the tickets

If they couldn’t use my iPhone, as experienced computer people, what chance would I, a total Luddite, stand

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    “Endless anger”? I’ve set out why this does make me angry and the way we’ve played for the last few seasons doesn’t please me either, but I can’t think of much else that angers me about the club. I cannot agree that offering a markedly worse service now than they did in pre Covid days does not offer justification for us piling in as you put it. You say a majority are able to use the internet, which is an admission that there is a minority who cannot or choose not to.

Last summer, those who fell into that category were left with no way of contacting the club and, with the excuse offered by Covid lockdowns not applicable this time, the situation is still not as sympathetic to such people as you would expect it to be. Finally, I can’t agree that others are doing the same is a good enough excuse to try and justify the sub standard service on offer this year.
    The endless anger and club bashing thing was aimed at the board in general not you and Splott. Either you misread it or I didn't phrase it as well as I could have, apologies if so.

Funnily enough, I was originally going to say that a majority prefer to use the internet but realised I couldn't back that up so put 'are able to use' instead. Then Dembe put up his message about McDonalds which is a good bit of evidence that I was right in the first place.

In terms of the City, why on earth wouldn't most people want to renew online? Available 24/7 and done in minutes, or phone if there's a problem. Instead of working your way across town to a remote car park, waiting in a queue then finding yourself two feet away from another customer who's shouting down his phone trying to find out his nephew's date of birth. It's a no-brainer for most, surely?

You're right, of course, some people can't use the internet and I'm aware that there can be serious implications in that case, in terms of accessing certain benefits and services for example. However, the club seemed to cover all bases here. Three weeks to renew, if you couldn't do it online or didn't have friends or family who could do it for you then there was a phone option, then the ticket office opened every day last week. What more do you want the club to do? Send staff round to people's houses?

Again I agree with you that just because A and B do something then that doesn't justify C doing it, I was making the point that it seems to be a general trend regarding ticket offices and I'd assume that applies to other sports and venues as online sales increase. I went to Sophia Gardens last week to buy a 20/20 'season ticket'. The receptionist rang the office, passed the phone to me and I purchased it over the phone even though I was standing there. Funny really, it seemed a nonsense to me but the receptionist probably thought I was some kind of dinosaur for turning up in person.

The world is moving on, quickly too, and it's not going to waste much time waiting for people like you and me. You can yearn for the good old days as much as you want but you're howling at the moon I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Too help me with booking season tickets on the tinternet, the ticket office manager invited me down to talk/show me how to do it.

If they couldn’t use my iPhone, as experienced computer people, what chance would I, a total Luddite, stand
    Thats what comes of still having an iphone 1, I suppose 😄😀

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Try it on in the shop and buy it online.
    Brilliant idea, take time (which the online aficionados say buying online saves you time) to go to the club shop, try the coat on, leave without said coat, go back home and order it online. It arrives seven days later and I’ve got f*cking soaked in the pissing down rain in those seven days because I haven’t got a bastard coat because I put it back on the hanger in the shop that I eventually bought it from.

I’m going to start buying food this way, I’m desperate to shed a stone or two

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The endless anger and club bashing thing was aimed at the board in general not you and Splott. Either you misread it or I didn't phrase it as well as I could have, apologies if so.

Funnily enough, I was originally going to say that a majority prefer to use the internet but realised I couldn't back that up so put 'are able to use' instead. Then Dembe put up his message about McDonalds which is a good bit of evidence that I was right in the first place.

In terms of the City, why on earth wouldn't most people want to renew online? Available 24/7 and done in minutes, or phone if there's a problem. Instead of working your way across town to a remote car park, waiting in a queue then finding yourself two feet away from another customer who's shouting down his phone trying to find out his nephew's date of birth. It's a no-brainer for most, surely?

You're right, of course, some people can't use the internet and I'm aware that there can be serious implications in that case, in terms of accessing certain benefits and services for example. However, the club seemed to cover all bases here. Three weeks to renew, if you couldn't do it online or didn't have friends or family who could do it for you then there was a phone option, then the ticket office opened every day last week. What more do you want the club to do? Send staff round to people's houses?

Again I agree with you that just because A and B do something then that doesn't justify C doing it, I was making the point that it seems to be a general trend regarding ticket offices and I'd assume that applies to other sports and venues as online sales increase. I went to Sophia Gardens last week to buy a 20/20 'season ticket'. The receptionist rang the office, passed the phone to me and I purchased it over the phone even though I was standing there. Funny really, it seemed a nonsense to me but the receptionist probably thought I was some kind of dinosaur for turning up in person.

The world is moving on, quickly too, and it's not going to waste much time waiting for people like you and me. You can yearn for the good old days as much as you want but you're howling at the moon I'm afraid.
    I’m not going to get involved in an argument, but, I find myself thinking that if the club genuinely believe that there’s no need to open the club shop or ticket office to serve people mad enough to turn up wanting to spend money there, why bother with selling tickets to go to games? Everyone can buy a season ticket to watch streamed games and then they don’t need to pay hospitality staff, open food and drink outlets, pay for stewards, police etc.

In terms of the City, why on earth wouldn't most people want to renew online?
    You apparently didn't so perhaps you can answer your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Thats what comes of still having an iphone 1, I suppose ����
    Why would/should I buy anything else, if I don’t know how to use it ?

The TRAINED STAFF, couldn’t do it, so again I say “what chance would a novice have”

I actually do know people who are not renewing, because of the system the club are heading for

I find buying on line the easier option , and I have reduced my carbon footprint by not crossing our great metropolis .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I find buying on line the easier option , and I have reduced my carbon footprint by not crossing our great metropolis .
    You just used a load of electricity, instead of a carbon free bus

Lucky Bus Driver though, Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lucky Bus Driver though, Eh?
    Not lucky us though, we need him away from that keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You apparently didn't so perhaps you can answer your own question.
    Do you get an alert every time anyone sticks up for the club on here?

I did answer my own question but you edited it out of your reply. Bizarre.

Shit , shit ,shit , I'll go on my bike next year if they open up the shop .

You could phone or call in. As they've got as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Brilliant idea, take time (which the online aficionados say buying online saves you time) to go to the club shop, try the coat on, leave without said coat, go back home and order it online. It arrives seven days later and I’ve got f*cking soaked in the pissing down rain in those seven days because I haven’t got a bastard coat because I put it back on the hanger in the shop that I eventually bought it from.

I’m going to start buying food this way, I’m desperate to shed a stone or two
    It does save time. But if you want to try it on that's an obvious option.

I did answer my own question but you edited it out of your reply. Bizarre.
    I’ve re-read the lengthy ramble I quoted from and can’t find any explanation as to why you bought your tickets in person at the ticket office. Apologies if such an explanation was contained in any of your other posts. I didn’t read them all. I just found it amusing that you were championing the online system when you didn’t bother to use it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You could phone or call in. As they've got as an option.
    Did you not read what I stated ?

THE TICKET OFFICE MANAGER INVITED ME IN !!!!!!

I initially refused, as I said “it would be hypocritical of me to use the tinternet, whilst I was advocating strongly, that the ticket office should be open”

But as I’ve got a great working relationship with the ticket office and it’s staff, I relented and gave it a go

Part of me (all actually), was over the moon, when it backfired and I was proved right

The ticket office is not open, because the club will not employ any staff. Your wonderful tinternet is doing people out of a job.

I initially refused, as I said “it would be hypocritical of me to use the tinternet, whilst I was advocating strongly, that the ticket office should be open”

But as I’ve got a great working relationship with the ticket office and it’s staff, I relented and gave it a go

Part of me (all actually), was over the moon, when it backfired and I was proved right

The ticket office is not open, because the club will not employ any staff. Your wonderful tinternet is doing people out of a job.
    Nail on head, the club have dispensed with the services of the employees who need a wage the most. As I’ve mentioned earlier it must be a kick in the nuts (or foo foo) when there’s wages of £12/14 thousand a week being bandied about for players who they were selling
    tickets to us in order to watch. The commercial side of the club needs a right kick up the arse.

Good for you on relenting

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ve re-read the lengthy ramble I quoted from and can’t find any explanation as to why you bought your tickets in person at the ticket office. Apologies if such an explanation was contained in any of your other posts. I didn’t read them all. I just found it amusing that you were championing the online system when you didn’t bother to use it yourself.
    But if you wanted to know why I renewed in the ticket office then why didn't you just ask that? Instead, you took my reply to TOBW and went to the trouble of deleting every part of it apart from one line, which was a completely different question, and then asked me to answer that. Even though I already had. Bizarre, like I said.

Where was I 'championing the online system' by the way? I'm both amused and intrigued by that.