+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’ve re-read the lengthy ramble I quoted from and can’t find any explanation as to why you bought your tickets in person at the ticket office. Apologies if such an explanation was contained in any of your other posts. I didn’t read them all. I just found it amusing that you were championing the online system when you didn’t bother to use it yourself.
    You seem to be struggling with both elements of the question and answer format here so I'll help you out.

I haven't 'championed the online system' anywhere, I said I'd prefer the ticket office to be open more often. I always use it when I can but I accept that the majority of people would rather book online these days which is going to make ticket offices increasingly unviable, at sporting and other venues.

It's a simple case of supply and demand I'd have thought. If more people used the City's ticket office when it is open then they'd open it more. I went in and bought three season tickets the other week, I'm not sure what else I can do. It wasn't exactly heaving when I went in and I'm not aware of many posters having used it either, even the ones who've been 'championing' the ticket office in this thread.

I could rant and rave about the internet like other posters do but its not going to get it put back in its box. I'd rather not use it to book stuff myself but I do when I have to. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, like I said earlier.

I've no idea why this should make me a target for your derision, each to their own though. I know you're desperate to win arguments on here and will go to the nth degree of pedantry to do it but surely you don't need to make stuff up about people to try and win an argument in a thread like this? It's not amusing, it's embarrassing and slightly disturbing.

Just tried to buy my season ticket online on the day they were supposed to be going on sale again and was told I cannot do so until 10 o clock which seems a very human approach to something that is supposed to have been automated, but, that's okay, I can come back later. Bit surprised to see I didn't have the usual loyalty points which have enabled me to get an away shirt in the end of season sales in the past, but it looks like the pink one has sold out anyway as all that comes up when I click on "away kit" is the shorts and socks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just tried to buy my season ticket online on the day they were supposed to be going on sale again and was told I cannot do so until 10 o clock which seems a very human approach to something that is supposed to have been automated, but, that's okay, I can come back later. Bit surprised to see I didn't have the usual loyalty points which have enabled me to get an away shirt in the end of season sales in the past, but it looks like the pink one has sold out anyway as all that comes up when I click on "away kit" is the shorts and socks.
    TOBW, it's quite a turn on, imagining you dressed in nothing but pink socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    TOBW, it's quite a turn on, imagining you dressed in nothing but pink socks.
    Sorry to disappoint you but they’re black - or the ones on the website were anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but they’re black - or the ones on the website were anyway.
    Even sexier.

Over 1000 season tickets sold in one day today apparently 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Over 1000 season tickets sold in one day today apparently 👍
    GB 11 GAR.

My boy is gutted, i cant buy him and his mate season tickets unless i get one too, has it always been a thing that kids cant go on their own?

anyway round this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    My boy is gutted, i cant buy him and his mate season tickets unless i get one too, has it always been a thing that kids cant go on their own?

anyway round this issue?
    I got my first season ticket as spotty faced 13 year old, no adult required or needed. It was back in 1959 mind, so rules may have changed since with elf' & safety etc.

anyway round this issue?
    The way I read the pricing was, under 16’s in the Canton stand was priced at £69, but if booked with an adult it was reduced to £49.

So to me, this indicates that an under 16 can buy on their own.

Ring them up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The way I read the pricing was, under 16’s in the Canton stand was priced at £69, but if booked with an adult it was reduced to £49.

Ring them up
    Just checked their own terms and conditions, over 14 can enter stadium on their own, but it wont ket me purchase, guess im gonna have to go through the hassle of a phone call.

Over a thousand sold yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd71wuAo...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Seems the club are getting better at this social media malarkey.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Ring them up
    You can only have 1 reduced price per adult as I understand it, so an U16 could still be accompanied.

All sorted now anyway, got through on phone very quickly and they were very helpful. Seems the issue was my son is 13 at the moment, so he couldn’t go to a game without an adult (the fact that he could be going with another adult not part of the purchase seems to have passed the club by) but he will be 14 by time season starts.

You can only have 1 reduced price per adult as I understand it, so an U16 could still be accompanied.

All sorted now anyway, got through on phone very quickly and they were very helpful. Seems the issue was my son is 13 at the moment, so he couldn’t go to a game without an adult (the fact that he could be going with another adult not part of the purchase seems to have passed the club by) but he will be 14 by time season starts.
    I suppose form their pov they need to insure he actually does have an adult to attend with?

Just re read post

Purchased my season ticket when they became available. Emailed the ticket office asked what date I could change seat, had a response next day. Phoned ticket office yesterday spoke to a very helpful chap who sorted it in minutes.

For anyone who's still thinking about buying a season ticket, the early bird discount ends in a couple of days. The standard pricing system comes in at 17.00 on Wednesday afternoon.