+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Musk Buys Twitter Free Speech ??

If Musk Buys Twitter Free Speech ??

Could be a Rupert Murdoch type media take over . or its it to allow free speech mantra , and n more long terms Trump type bans , Trump maybe be chuckling to himself soon .

I could see European rich lawyers on stand by to make some new laws / fines

“It’s very important for there to be an inclusive arena for free speech,” says the Musky

Re: If Musk Buys Twitter Free Speech ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Could be a Rupert Murdoch type media take over . or its it to allow free speech mantra , and n more long terms Trump type bans , Trump maybe be chuckling to himself soon .

I could see European rich lawyers on stand by to make some new laws / fines

“It’s very important for there to be an inclusive arena for free speech,” says the Musky
    Free speech doesn't mean you can say "anything", especially when you're referring to a private entity like Twitter that have terms and conditions.

Musk is well known for trying to shut down any criticism of himself online so let's see how much "free speech" he allows.

As for "I could see European rich lawyers on stand by to make some new laws / fines". What are you suggesting?

Is this the fella who wants to drill holes into peoples heads, implant a few wires, and then hook them up to some kind of AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is this the fella who wants to drill holes into peoples heads, implant a few wires, and then hook them up to some kind of AI?
    That's the fella he's also dug a big tunnel somewhere in Las Vegas and his making 10 cents bricks , there's no musking around with this fella.

Manure fans were seen chanting his name recently ,asking for him to save them .

he is certainly eccentric, but the world is a better place with a few eccentrics around it would be rather dull without them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he is certainly eccentric, but the world is a better place with a few eccentrics around it would be rather dull without them
    The recent TED talk.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's the fella he's also dug a big tunnel somewhere in Las Vegas and his making 10 cents bricks , there's no musking around with this fella.

Manure fans were seen chanting his name recently ,asking for him to save them .
    "I could see European rich lawyers on stand by to make some new laws / fines".
    What did this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    What did this mean?
    A kind of totalitarianism where you legislate the opposition into submission.

Another right wing billionaire owning a media platform, fantastic.

Basically right wingers complain they can't be racist, transphobic or threaten people on Twitter and that means there isn't really free speech in their mind. Also they tend to want to allow misinformation e.g. covid/climate change denial.

A kind of totalitarianism where you legislate the opposition into submission.
    No thanks.

Life on Mars, it's your turn to answer (since you should know what you meant).

What did this mean?
    Absolutely nothing

No thanks.

Life on Mars, it's your turn to answer (since you should know what you meant).
    It's kind of the reason why Musk bought the company because the Twitter algorithms are censoring one side of the debate, while amplifying the other side.

It's kind of the reason why Musk bought the company because the Twitter algorithms are censoring one side of the debate, while amplifying the other side.
    Tell me more

And this one helped with PayPal and by popularising electric cars. Would love to own a Tesla (and hope to get that/Model 3 or a German saloon within 20 years) but no way am I gonna get the brain chip!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tell me more
    You'll have to ask Musk the reason why he wants to restore free speech on Twitter, because I have no idea what he's up to.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    And this one helped with PayPal and by popularising electric cars. Would love to own a Tesla (and hope to get that/Model 3 or a German saloon within 20 years) but no way am I gonna get the brain chip!
    Not even a tiny one to help you win arguments on CCMB?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    you wouldn't need a key to open your Tesla doors and start it / it'll open your front door / you wouldn't need a passport / you wouldn't need a bank card or apple / google pay, all very good reasons

Still unhelpful.

Life on Mars, wakey wakey. What did you mean by "I could see European rich lawyers on stand by to make some new laws / fines"?

I guess we will have to assume that you don't know what you meant. Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Another right wing billionaire owning a media platform, fantastic.

Basically right wingers complain they can't be racist, transphobic or threaten people on Twitter and that means there isn't really free speech in their mind. Also they tend to want to allow misinformation e.g. covid/climate change denial.
    Well thats one take..

Not even a tiny one to help you win arguments on CCMB?
    bruh… I don’t argue by posting dodgy ‘news’

you wouldn't need a key to open your Tesla doors and start it / it'll open your front door / you wouldn't need a passport / you wouldn't need a bank card or apple / google pay, all very good reasons
    And by then all cars will be electric - Ima buy a German then!