+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jaami Qureshi and Ollie Tanner

Jaami Qureshi and Ollie Tanner

No surprise to see Jaami Qureshi on trial with us given our Malaysian connection. He's certainly one of the most promising Malaysian players around and had some good reviews for Brighton youth.

I was surprised that Ollie Tanner hadn't actually signed for Spurs, I thought it was a done deal. Again certainly one of the most promising non league players.

Regardless, it is encouraging that we are looking to strengthen early with these early moves.

Re: Jaami Qureshi and Ollie Tanner

Tanner didn't;t think he'd get enough games, and apparently turned down their offer. I can't decide whether that's a good decision or a bad one. He might come to regret it, one day.

Re: Jaami Qureshi and Ollie Tanner

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Tanner didn't;t think he'd get enough games, and apparently turned down their offer. I can't decide whether that's a good decision or a bad one. He might come to regret it, one day.
    Yeah I tend to agree. Surely the opportunity to train with world class players, under great coaches and in top class facilities would have been compelling and set him up for a long career, even not with spurs?

Who knows.

Difficult to judge a player playing in the third tier of non league.. but spurs obviously thought he was worth a contract, so that's a pretty good recommendation.