+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sala - City want £80 million compensation off Nantes..................

Sala - City want £80 million compensation off Nantes..................

Re: Sala - City want £80 million compensation off Nantes..................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure how this stands up using the tevez case as there is evidence that tevez scored goals which impacted on Sheffield future - Sala was no guarantee of this

Maybe they should Craig pawson (at least I think it was him) for his non offside decision against Chelsea - that had a bigger impact

Seriously though I feel so sorry for the family of Sala who have had to sit through all of this pawning of their sons death without any resolution - felt for a longtime that both clubs should have offered to both pay 7.5 to the family and closed it - the only people benefiting from what I can see are the lawyers involved

I don’t think this twinning with Nantes is going to work out……

Not sure how much of a sensationalised headline it is as the article doesn’t say much at all but not a good look if any truth in it really.

Can understand not wanting to pay the fee if it was on Nantes but this just similar to boro’s embarrassing claim against derby as they missed out on the play offs - only in a lot worse taste considering the circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not sure how this stands up using the tevez case as there is evidence that tevez scored goals which impacted on Sheffield future - Sala was no guarantee of this

Maybe they should Craig pawson (at least I think it was him) for his non offside decision against Chelsea - that had a bigger impact

Seriously though I feel so sorry for the family of Sala who have had to sit through all of this pawning of their sons death without any resolution - felt for a longtime that both clubs should have offered to both pay 7.5 to the family and closed it - the only people benefiting from what I can see are the lawyers involved
    Agreed. There has to be a good chance that his father would be alive today as well if it hadn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Couldn't agree more. It shows what a murky sport football is at the top level.

In any case, the case for the defence wouldn't have much work to do, just ask how many goals our big money, January window transfer market signing from the previous year scored.

The story is based on claims made in a book that came out 2 years ago (although the Mail seem to think it came out yesterday). I doubt there's much truth in it.
    Interesting that the Mail are running it now though.

It's an awful situation and there are no winners, if I was Tan I'd just say we will split the loss 50/50 and move on.

TheMail is scraping the barrel for a story - they even have a bit "as reported by The Sun"
    Jeez, talk about unreliable reporting!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    It's an awful situation and there are no winners, if I was Tan I'd just say we will split the loss 50/50 and move on.
    I think I remember Dalman saying this was offered but Nantes werent very responsive to This offer. Memory could be hazy on this and don’t wanna get pinned for libel!

If we are asking for 80 million I’m almost certain it’s a bullying tactic to try and get Nantes to settle at a smaller rate out of court

International

We were always going to look to sue various parties for the money, this will go on for years and years!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The story is based on claims made in a book that came out 2 years ago (although the Mail seem to think it came out yesterday). I doubt there's much truth in it.
    Maybe the Mail is just trying to deflect the attention away from the Angela Raynor story 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe the Mail is just trying to deflect the attention away from the Angela Raynor story 🤔
    That could be it!

Hardly. This story has not made the TV and radio news whereas the Angela Rayner story has. If you would have said the Angela Rayner story deflected from the Partygate issue I would have believed it but the Sala story is not nearly as newsworthy except for those who follow Cardiff City.

Maybe the Mail is just trying to deflect the attention away from the Angela Raynor story ��
    more likely the mail just trying to fill their rag of a newspaper

Agreed. There has to be a good chance that his father would be alive today as well if it hadn't happened.
    100%. I'm somewhat annoyed that football and especially our club is involved in this very grubby affair.

It's a pretty unique scenario that is unlikely to occir again and everyone needs to come together to close it down for the benefit of all, not least his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It is a really shoddy 'story'.

The book came out in January 2020 (I read it then) so unless there has been a reprint with a CAS chapter added in (and what can it say whilst we still have no outcome) it makes no sense as a hook.

It also claims Willie McKay was Emiliano Sala's agent. He wasn't. He (through his son Mark) was the agent acting for Nantes in the deal.

The £80m figure is new. I'm sure Paul Abbandonato didn't quote that in his garbled attempt to summarise the Cardiff case at CAS a month or so ago. It wouldn't surprise me, and I suppose it must have come from somewhere other than the imagination of a Mail Online hack working the night shift?

If it is accurate (whatever the source) it must be a case of 'attack is the best form of defence'.

But there doesn't appear to be any justification for the story now. I thought the CAS decision was expected later in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Hardly. This story has not made the TV and radio news whereas the Angela Rayner story has. If you would have said the Angela Rayner story deflected from the Partygate issue I would have believed it but the Sala story is not nearly as newsworthy except for those who follow Cardiff City.
    I wasn't being totally serious, but yes you're right in that moving stories away from the front pages in the hope they'll disappear from public view, isn't uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I think I remember Dalman saying this was offered but Nantes werent very responsive to This offer. Memory could be hazy on this and don’t wanna get pinned for libel!

If we are asking for 80 million I’m almost certain it’s a bullying tactic to try and get Nantes to settle at a smaller rate out of court
    Dalman said no agents fees, 50:50 with Nantes on the fee. Nantes said no, it was on that pod that Andy Campbell used to do that's name escapes me!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It is a really shoddy 'story'.

The book came out in January 2020 (I read it then) so unless there has been a reprint with a CAS chapter added in (and what can it say whilst we still have no outcome) it makes no sense as a hook.

It also claims Willie McKay was Emiliano Sala's agent. He wasn't. He (through his son Mark) was the agent acting for Nantes in the deal.

The £80m figure is new. I'm sure Paul Abbandonato didn't quote that in his garbled attempt to summarise the Cardiff case at CAS a month or so ago. It wouldn't surprise me, and I suppose it must have come from somewhere other than the imagination of a Mail Online hack working the night shift?

If it is accurate (whatever the source) it must be a case of 'attack is the best form of defence'.

But there doesn't appear to be any justification for the story now. I thought the CAS decision was expected later in the summer?
    Unless City think they are going to lose but they can make some justification of this figure, and then will settle for no fees paid either way? No idea.

The Sun version of the story is more coherent - although it is a low bar!

It is written by Harry Harris who wrote the book - 'The Truth: The Killing of Emiliano Sala: The Full Shocking Story'. It was originally published in January 2020, but it looks like a revised version was re-issued (self published?) by Harris in the last couple of days.

No sources for the claims given.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18373...remier-league/

Just seen my post has been lifted onto the other board including my typo!!! I know this has happened to you and others in the past but it has happened a bit to me now in the last couple of months and the irony is I am banned from that board!!!

Not sure if I feel honoured or sullied!!!

City have released a statement saying this is rubbish and "wholly dismissed as false"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    City have released a statement saying this is rubbish and "wholly dismissed as false"
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...atement-260422

Maybe the club should sue the papers instead?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The Sun version of the story is more coherent - although it is a low bar!

It is written by Harry Harris who wrote the book - 'The Truth: The Killing of Emiliano Sala: The Full Shocking Story'. It was originally published in January 2020, but it looks like a revised version was re-issued (self published?) by Harris in the last couple of days.

No sources for the claims given.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18373...remier-league/
    All very odd. The paperback was originally published by a small publisher, but a new self published edition is now showing on Amazon, only it's not currently available.
    Can't tell whether the kindle version has been updated.
    Last edited by Undercoverinwurzelland; 26-04-22 at 10:59. Reason: Typo