+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy

Josh Murphy

Sent back from loan at PNE for attitude and punctuality issues says PNE press.

Re: Josh Murphy

Their season is also over already, no point keeping him hanging around really.

I wonder if that means we have to pick up the rest of his wage for the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Their season is also over already, no point keeping him hanging around really.

I wonder if that means we have to pick up the rest of his wage for the next few weeks
    I doubt we'll be paying, makes zero benefit to us. Probably just don't want him around.

Absolute waste of a talent.

The biggest flop in the last decade?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Cornelius, by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cornelius, by a mile.
    Here we go….

Would he be training with the first team? I wonder where he'll end up. He's 27. He should be reaching his peak. You'd think seeing how well his brother is doing would give him a kick up the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Here we go….
    I immediately regretted posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Would he be training with the first team? I wonder where he'll end up. He's 27. He should be reaching his peak. You'd think seeing how well his brother is doing would give him a kick up the arse.
    I think he'll go back nearer to home, maybe take a one year deal and hopefully kick on. I don't think he's going to find a top Champ club.

Cornelius, by a mile.
    I think Cornelius (and his agent) would beg to differ. He has a career. He's not prolific, but he scores goals. He plays international football.

Cornelius, by a mile.
    ok I'll take the bait....

Cornelius was a teenager, we spent less money on than Murphy and we recouped a good chunk of it. He then went on to have a decent career in some good European leagues.

Murphy is our third highest signing ever, and we won't recoup anything for that investment. I'll wager he won't be scoring goals in Serie A any time soon either.

I think we lost about 5m on Cornelius and 10m on Murphy, admittedly Murphy did more for us while he was here.

None of our biggest transfers are particularly good reading tbh

I doubt we'll be paying, makes zero benefit to us. Probably just don't want him around.
    Didn’t even know he was still our player….he makes the madine look a bargain

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ok I'll take the bait....

Cornelius was a teenager, we spent less money on than Murphy and we recouped a good chunk of it. He then went on to have a decent career in some good European leagues.

Murphy is our third highest signing ever, and we won't recoup anything for that investment. I'll wager he won't be scoring goals in Serie A any time soon either.

I think we lost about 5m on Cornelius and 10m on Murphy, admittedly Murphy did more for us while he was here.

None of our biggest transfers are particularly good reading tbh
    Didn’t we get the money back on Bobby Reid, caulker and medel? Plus the biggest scoop ever on zohore? The club never seems to mentions sales in the accounts do they?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t we get the money back on Bobby Reid, caulker and medel? Plus the biggest scoop ever on zohore? The club never seems to mentions sales in the accounts do they?
    Yeah I think we got almost all the money back on Reid, Caulker and Medel, so there's at least that.

on the other hand, none of them made any kind of lasting contribution to the club

I immediately regretted posting that.
    You better put your tin hat on mate

I think he'll go back nearer to home, maybe take a one year deal and hopefully kick on. I don't think he's going to find a top Champ club.
    I don't think any Championship club is going to give Murphy a new contract. He's done basically nothing in the 2.5 years since Warnock left us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think any Championship club is going to give Murphy a new contract.
    I’d bet one will. He’s a player who has obvious talent. There’ll be a manager somewhere in the division who’ll think he can get a tune out of Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’d bet one will. He’s a player who has obvious talent. There’ll be a manager somewhere in the division who’ll think he can get a tune out of Murphy.
    I agree with this. I was actually surprised Morison didn't recall him.

He’s a strange one. Not interested or capable of defending. Not confident or decisive enough going forward. But sadly you know there’s a talent inside that’s under utilised.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I think for the amount we paid.

But I've never seen anything to suggest he warranted that fee, some ability and flashes of quality but overall if given a decent run of games and shown love he is a decent winger at this level. I'm not convinced he should have played far higher or has really wasted anything.

He's a player who has no idea when to release the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    He's a player who has no idea when to release the ball.
    Attitude...he's not a team player, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Attitude...he's not a team player, unfortunately.
    He’d fit in quite well in this current side then

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    A desperate one whose job is on the line maybe.
    The bloke has stolen a living for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    He’d fit in quite well in this current side then
    Apart from a few flashes of brilliance, the summit of his career will always be the Torquay pre-season match, as far as I'm concerned.