While the Jury is still out on Morison for me... the Jacks game was a huge eye opener, I think the situation he, and we, find ourselves in with regards to the playing squad is almost unprecedented... a tiny squad where half are out of contract, seen better days, know they are leaving and not good enough anyway, and the other half made up of inexperienced youngsters and three loan players whom we have flogged to death. Add to that the complete unbalanced nature of the squad.. almost zero pace and flair, no wide players and no proven natural goal scorer. Additionally, any success we have had over the last few years was due to our 'robust' and direct playing style... reliant on characters, long balls, set pieces and the occasional bit of flair (Junior, NML, Wilson, Ojo) - which is now redundant as we don't have the personnel or appetite for anymore.

It's bonkers and the board (and Warnock, Harris and especially Mick) should hang their heads in shame for the way the playing squad has been neglected over the last few years.

Is Morison the right person, given our budget constraints, to take us forward? I don't know. But I do think he deserves a bit of leniency for these remaining games.