+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: MIDDLESBROUGH 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: MIDDLESBROUGH v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I wonder who Morison will blame tonight

Bloody hell, that was awful. Stats said we had four goal attempts, but you could have fooled me. Never looked like scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    his body language is terrible

How to win without the need to break sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    his body language is terrible
    It’s always terrible. Out of his depth.

An even match where we couldn't even score in a brothel. Manager is useless so no change there at good old CCFC

Look on the bright side, we've still got another two games to go. Maybe if we lose six in a row, Tan will get us a new manager....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    How to win without the need to break sweat.
    I think the pundits were being quite polite when they said Middlesbrough didn’t even need to play well to secure the win. I’m sure Morison will say we were excellent though and on another night could have won that !

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I think the pundits were being quite polite when they said Middlesbrough didn’t even need to play well to secure the win. I’m sure Morison will say we were excellent though and on another night could have won that !
    We dominated, we were the better side, they took their chances we didn’t, heard it all before Steve

Wrexham would beat us. that was feeble, sack the lot.

Would be a great gesture if the club reimbursed us who watched it on the telly, not the ones who went up to Middlesbrough, they just need help.

The only encouraging thing from the Luton, Sheff Utd and tonight's games is that teams not a lot better than our low standard can challenge for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Look on the bright side, we've still got another two games to go. Maybe if we lose six in a row, Tan will get us a new manager....
    Hopefully we can get a new Tan: that's the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Team of individuals, no cohesion, no patterns of play. Shambles at the back at times. Set pieces are a disgrace. They're extremely poorly coached, and the players have quit on the season. Doyle is knackered, Drameh half fit and some of them just aren't good enough. Colwill a bright spark but he's really unpredictable.

I watched the Man city game last night it was a feast of football, city were 2 - 0 up and they should have scored a third but Mahrez went for goal instead of passing. Pep went absolutely apoplectic. That's what makes him a great manager the same as klopp. PASHUN. Which is sadly lacking in our manager and team.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would be a great gesture if the club reimbursed us who watched it on the telly, not the ones who went up to Middlesbrough, they just need help.
    That’s a good shout ,I was in two minds whether to go to the match and book something overnight ,thank goodness I didn’t.
    Disgraceful performance against a poor Middlesbrough team.

hands down the post of the season...

Re: FT: MIDDLESBROUGH 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The only encouraging thing from the Luton, Sheff Utd and tonight's games is that teams not a lot better than our low standard can challenge for the playoffs.
    We fairly easily beat forest home and away and they could still go up as runners up

Yes please. £11.99 to watch on NOW TV - what a waste! If tonight's performance was typical of this season's showing then I am amazed that anyone went all the way to Middlesborough. As you say, they must need counselling. Relegation surely looms next season as we will not be so fortunate with regards having points-deducted sides in the division, unless of course we are extremely lucky in picking up decent players during the summer.

The passing and decision making is terrible, not sure how many times I shouted at the TV "why didn't you pass it to him?!" rather than the simple pass backwards they inevitably carry out. They have zero confidence in their ability to make a pass, to be fare, it's clear to see why.

I’m not sure how many games Morison needs to give Watters to make his mind up about him, but surely he knows that neither Harris nor Collins are Championship standard by now?

Seeing those two come on just about summed up the evening…..

And Middlesbrough, like so many teams in this division, are bang average and yet still beat us comfortably.

A game between two very average teams, 1 with something to play for, another on the beach already. As others have said, this is a very average division, it’s just the teams we’ve played against recently have more to play for. Perhaps we might have more luck v Brum and Derby.
    As far as players go;
    Phillips is not good enough, neither areWatters or Harris.
    Apart from loans, just Nelson, Ng, Denham, Colwill, Wintle, can be sure of a place in the squad next year. Jury still out on Vaulks.
    Doesn’t need me to repeat Morison has got a hell of a rebuilding job ahead. Still, Malky did it.

I thought Denham showed up pretty well. His performance was encouraging. Colwill had a decent first half but faded significantly after the break. Drameh looked good at times but was a bit erratic.

Overall, I didn't think City were terrible this evening, but there was no end product against a mediocre Boro side who were apparently missing a few key players.

Watters gets himself into good positions but his finishing is desperately weak and his decision-making is poor. He looks like he's in the wrong division. Meanwhile, Hughill just looks a bit of a carthorse on nights like tonight.

Doyle's performance was nothing special again. He's had a few decent games for sure and he's obviously got talent, but he's nowhere near as good as some would have you believe.

Fair attempt by Vaulks to get himself sent off towards the end of the game. How he gets away with such abysmal challenges on a regular basis is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    As others have said, this is a very average division, it’s just the teams we’ve played against recently have more to play for.
    It's a poor division by Championship standards, and the teams City have played recently have been better than them, as evidenced by the league table.

The 'nothing to play for' line is a weak excuse in my opinion. After all the same is true for plenty of other teams in the division, including Swansea and Bristol, but they're not on the sort of runs that City are currently on.

The recent games against Luton and Boro has seen glimpse of a new way of playing away from that physical way of dominating the penalty box with big bruising players , getting on the end of set pieces plays and long throw in's .

There has been glimpse /periods of a nice passing game , neither Luton or Boro appear to have massive potential and I would be surprised if they went up .

The current squad looks very tired and confidence and the will to win has suffered after we got to safety .

We have placed a huge amount of faith and pressure on very young heads as the club who cannot deliver two 90 minute games per week and the club wants the like s of Pack , Bacuna , Smithies ,Murphy , Whyte and perhaps Mozza gone W??

With Pack , Bacuna , Smithies ,Murphy , Whyte and perhaps Mozza off the wage bill I'm am sure there will be room to build around the promise we have in so many young good players .

Have faith I say .