+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bournemouth or Forest

Bournemouth or Forest

who would you like to go up in the second automatic spot this season?

from a selfish point of view, forest aren't likely to be as strong next season, they'll lose Spence, and a good chance of losing Brennan Johnson - although that will give them plenty of money to invest.

On the other hand, if Bournemouth mess it up again them be into their last season of parachute payments and then they'll be in big trouble if they didn't go up. they have spent heavily and have tiny crowds so there's no way they could sustain their squad if they lose the parachute money. I think their average crowd is about 9k.

Re: Bournemouth or Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

from a selfish point of view, forest aren't likely to be as strong next season, they'll lose Spence, and a good chance of losing Brennan Johnson - although that will give them plenty of money to invest.

On the other hand, if Bournemouth mess it up again them be into their last season of parachute payments and then they'll be in big trouble if they didn't go up. they have spent heavily and have tiny crowds so there's no way they could sustain their squad if they lose the parachute money. I think their average crowd is about 9k.
    Don't we get £1m from Bournemouth if they go up?

Forest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't we get £1m from Bournemouth if they go up?
    didn't realize that, well that's me persuaded

Can I say Huddersfield as the answer to the question?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can I say Huddersfield as the answer to the question?
    you can, but I can't see that happening

Probably Forest. It's been long enough for them.

Forest for me. Don’t like either club, but for some reason dislike Bournemouth more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Johnson will be in the last year of his contract, so they will either sell or possibly renew if they get promoted. Lot's of interest from other clubs with Spurs the latest to be mentioned, along with Brentford, Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, Leeds and Leicester, and the fans of just about every other Premier League club. I personally think Liverpool should take a punt and train him up as a long-term replacement for Salah, as they do have some similarities, although that would depend on him reaching his full potential. He is currently valued at £20-25m.

Regarding promotion, Bournemouth have to improve at some point, they can't let the chance slip through their fingers after they were so far ahead. Their game against Forest should be worth a watch, although the outcome is hard to predict.

Bournemouth by any means if it means we get an the add on for Moore transfer - I wouldn’t be surprised if this is already earmarked towards our transfer kitty.

As for the playoffs would like to see Nathan Jones take Luton up.

Forest.

Love it if Bournemouth fecked up.

Forest

Forest. Primarily to keep Kieffer Moore in the Championship- he didn’t seem to try in a City shirt this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Forest. Primarily to keep Kieffer Moore in the Championship- he didn’t seem to try in a City shirt this season.
    I think he tried just as much, just the team was far worse at creating chances for him

Forest

Forest, for the simple reason, i’d like to see how well Cooper can do at the highest level.

Tasty Tuesday coming up, if Forest win they will both be on 82 points, with Bournemouth at least two goals behind on GD.

Forest.

I said at the time we missed a trick the Cooper

All very well saying Forest but that’s 6 points a season going south.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    All very well saying Forest but that’s 6 points a season going south.
    If Leeds come back down, problem solved.

I hope Bournemouth win to get Brooks & Moore into the Premier League, Johnson will end up there either way.

Forest for me, proper top echelon club.

How we managed to beat the current Forest side twice is one of the biggest mysteries of the season and neither of them were flukes either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How we managed to beat the current Forest side twice is one of the biggest mysteries of the season and neither of them were flukes either.
    They are the best performing team since the change of manager, did we play them with Cooper in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    And chuck away a £1m ‘bonus’ on the Keiffer Moore transfer ?