+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Deaths in Care Homes

Re: Covid Deaths in Care Homes

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm confused. Next week it's local elections for Cardiff (and others) Council. The story here refers to the UK government, and in effect the English NHS.

The Welsh NHS is run by Labour, and it seems we were doing the same policy that is being understandably criticised here for another two weeks after England ceased doing it.

So I'm not sure who you suggest we should vote for?

Rest assured, the Tories will take a hammering and understandably so, but it appears we had an even worse policy on all this in Wales.

It is beyond me why so many on here care more about the English NHS than the Welsh.

I suggest people vote for who they like and maybe base it on local issues as it's a local election. If we must base it on national healthcare issues, the performance of the Welsh Govt would be a greater issue for me given it impacts on my life more
    The Welsh Government were always going to follow Englands policy though. The reason is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The Welsh Government were always going to follow Englands policy though. The reason is obvious.
    Where the English NHS make mistakes there is absolutely no justification for making the same mistakes and continuing them for a further two weeks!

And on the pandemic, there are numerous examples where Drakeford's government hasn't followed the English health secretary's approach.

This isn't to take away from the mistakes made, it's to try and prevent people turning it into a political football, because it seems that our government here did the exact same thing, but carried it on even longer.

Where the English NHS make mistakes there is absolutely no justification for making the same mistakes and continuing them for a further two weeks!

And on the pandemic, there are numerous examples where Drakeford's government hasn't followed the English health secretary's approach.

This isn't to take away from the mistakes made, it's to try and prevent people turning it into a political football, because it seems that our government here did the exact same thing, but carried it on even longer.
    Why did nobody in government speak up about this at the time ?

Why did nobody in government speak up about this at the time ?
    I don't know, but unless someone can demonstrate otherwise, it seems they realised the error and rectified it sooner than we did here in Wales.

It's all absolutely tragic for the people involved. Suspect the Welsh Government will be next on this

I don't know, but unless someone can demonstrate otherwise, it seems they realised the error and rectified it sooner than we did here in Wales.

It's all absolutely tragic for the people involved. Suspect the Welsh Government will be next on this
    Anybody who questioned the narrative (at the time) was either cancelled or called a conspiracy theorist.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I guess you mean all governments as those decisions were at the table of first minsters, we could have used the facilities such as Nightingale hospitals early set up and use .
    Yeah if you like. I live in England.

Do you ever waiver from the official narrative?

There are so many questions that remain unanswered and people are entitled to question it.

To some the this kind of news has been obvious after about two weeks in.
    What are you talking about now? What official narrative are you speaking of?

I'm telling you a fact (not an opinion - your favourite word) that the hospitals weren't built at the time of the care home crisis (perhaps a reason that they were built but it was too late by that point, the damage was done).

As usual, you keep saying it's just your opinion but you ignore the facts that cannot be opined. The first Nightingale hospital was completed on 3rd April 2020 in London and the first patients were there 4 days later. Do you 'question' that?

I've made another post since the one you've quoted here in response to another of your posts. Why are you quoting this one? Is it so you could ignore the question I asked about your statement about the hospitals not being used for their intended purpose?

Are you this annoying in real life? Do people look at you with a look of confusion and/or pity when you talk to them? So many unanswered questions that we're entitled to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

I'm telling you a fact (not an opinion - your favourite word) that the hospitals weren't built at the time of the care home crisis (perhaps a reason that they were built but it was too late by that point, the damage was done).

As usual, you keep saying it's just your opinion but you ignore the facts that cannot be opined. The first Nightingale hospital was completed on 3rd April 2020 in London and the first patients were there 4 days later. Do you 'question' that?

I've made another post since the one you've quoted here in response to another of your posts. Why are you quoting this one? Is it so you could ignore the question I asked about your statement about the hospitals not being used for their intended purpose?

Are you this annoying in real life? Do people look at you with a look of confusion and/or pity when you talk to them? So many unanswered questions that we're entitled to ask.
    Is personal insults the best you can come up with

Some Information regarding nightingales here ,

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/...eOujwE2VAwLBXQ

Is personal insults the best you can come up with
    Ignore that and focus on the stuff you struggle to comprehend.

Some Information regarding nightingales here ,

https://twitter.com/toryfibs/status/...eOujwE2VAwLBXQ
    Thanks for that. Let's say that's true: what's that got to do with the care home crisis?

Ignore that and focus on the stuff you struggle to comprehend.

I don’t struggle at all, that being said anything that doesn’t fit your narrative results in this kind of response. As long as what insults you post online ( it’s called trolling ) you are comfortable with to say to the person your trolling in real life then I’ve no problem whatsoever with that.

It was a horrendous decision. They got so obsessed with NHS capacity that they were happy to essentially murder loads of old folk. Would love to see the individuals responsible named, shamed and prosecuted. It will never happen, but it bloody well should.

I don’t struggle at all, that being said anything that doesn’t fit your narrative results in this kind of response. As long as what insults you post online ( it’s called trolling ) you are comfortable with to say to the person your trolling in real life then I’ve no problem whatsoever with that.
    Do you realise that you're never able to answer a simple question or back up any of your opinions with a source? This is why it ends up resorting in insults.

What's more insulting is how much of my time you've wasted since posting your nonsense on this board.

If either of us is trolling on here then surely it is you? Constantly posting stupid conspiracy theories about things that could provoke an emotional reaction from people who were personally affected.

Grow up and come back when you can handle hearing how ridiculously dense you are to debate.

Or, alternatively, come back when you can back up your "opinions" or answer simple questions.

Thanks and goodnight.

Only one of Wales' 17 covid field hospitals were used.

46 patients treated at the Dragon's Heart Hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52024970

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54147926

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/h...field-18445201