+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid Deaths in Care Homes

Covid Deaths in Care Homes

Just seen this in Sky ………..

https://twitter.com/juneslater17/sta...Sds6TB9BMJJy5A

Re: Covid Deaths in Care Homes

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I worked for a care provider during the pandemic in an office role and I couldn't believe we were letting people infected with Covid into our care homes, I don't think we had a choice in it, it definitely contributed to many many deaths.

How is the government going to try to spin this one? Can't claim 'captain hindsight' because so many people were questioning it at the time. If they tell the truth and admit that basically, they panicked about bed numbers and sacrificed old people then they will be absolutely torn to shreds. Rightly so too, we locked down too late and that caused this panic from the gov, which resulted in this barbaric policy which made sure care homes ended up absolutely full of Covid and ultimately killed a load of people.

Now, an honest government would come clean and I would have some respect for that. It is hard to buy the 'difficult decisions' shtick and give them a free pass when they expend more energy spinning, lying and covering their own backs than doing their job.

Hilariously, and tragically, this is the Government that is now claiming it “got the big calls on Covid right”.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hilariously, and tragically, this is the Government that is now claiming it “got the big calls on Covid right”.
    Why didn’t they use the Nightingale Hospital pathway instead of care homes …. We know why , the nightingale hospital scenario was pure propaganda. What was the average age Covid death again …82 wasn’t it …?…hmmmmm

Why didn’t they use the Nightingale Hospital pathway instead of care homes …. We know why , the nightingale hospital scenario was pure propaganda. What was the average age Covid death again …82 wasn’t it …?…hmmmmm
    I know you don't like being targeted with your own argument, but the first nightingale hospital received it's first lot of patients on 7th April 2020 in London. Other nightingale hospitals were completed later, obviously.

The care home issue is regarding decisions made by Matt Hancock in March and April 2020 which potentially led to the deaths of thousands.

It's alright though, they were old.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I know you don't like being targeted with your own argument, but the first nightingale hospital received it's first lot of patients on 7th April 2020 in London. Other nightingale hospitals were completed later, obviously.

The care home issue is regarding decisions made by Matt Hancock in March and April 2020 which potentially led to the deaths of thousands.

It appears you are totally clueless, which I'm unsurprised by, what part Midazolam and the Liverpool Care Pathway protocol played in the thousands of so-called Covid-19 deaths in care homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It appears you are totally clueless, which I'm unsurprised by, what part Midazolam and the Liverpool Care Pathway protocol played in the thousands of so-called Covid-19 deaths in care homes.
    Enlighten me then.

You won't believe me, so I'll let Owen fill you in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2p2se3j4uc&t=559s

Unreported by corporate media, many people are trying their best to bring the government to book through the courts.

You won't believe me, so I'll let Owen fill you in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2p2se3j4uc&t=559s

Unreported by corporate media, many people are trying their best to bring the government to book through the courts.
    You're right, I wouldn't have believed you. I don't believe 'Owen' either.

Unreported by corporate media. Must be true then, isn't that right Captain Provenwrongaboutliterallyeverythingheposts?

Keep on believing Nanny cares about you and yours. If you start to doubt then watch more telly or indulge in other forms of being frivolously entertained because that's what Nanny counts on.

Keep on believing Nanny cares about you and yours. If you start to doubt then watch more telly or indulge in other forms of being frivolously entertained because that's what Nanny counts on.
    Only the two options is it? Believing nanny cares about me or everything is a conspiracy?

I think nanny is an old selfish, lying drunk who only cares about herself and more likely to be dangerously inept than manage to successfully complete any of the conspiracies you and the other COVID sceptics/deniers on here believe they're capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How is the government going to try to spin this one? Can't claim 'captain hindsight' because so many people were questioning it at the time. If they tell the truth and admit that basically, they panicked about bed numbers and sacrificed old people then they will be absolutely torn to shreds. Rightly so too, we locked down too late and that caused this panic from the gov, which resulted in this barbaric policy which made sure care homes ended up absolutely full of Covid and ultimately killed a load of people.

Now, an honest government would come clean and I would have some respect for that. It is hard to buy the 'difficult decisions' shtick and give them a free pass when they expend more energy spinning, lying and covering their own backs than doing their job.
    I guess you mean all governments as those decisions were at the table of first minsters, we could have used the facilities such as Nightingale hospitals early set up and use .

Only the two options is it? Believing nanny cares about me or everything is a conspiracy?

I think nanny is an old selfish, lying drunk who only cares about herself and more likely to be dangerously inept than manage to successfully complete any of the conspiracies you and the other COVID sceptics/deniers on here believe they're capable of.
    Believe it or not, likely not, Nanny is brilliant at micro-managing the British state.

From elbowing religion in the late 60s to be replaced with the permissive society and with it take a wrecking ball to what was the traditional family unit mostly by incentivising and monetising single parent familes, overwhelmingly young women, via the benefits system right through to the present day with its giant surveillance apparatus.

Nanny could demolish the ubiquitous drug culture starting tomorrow if it cared to simply by adopting Singapore's or Saudi Arabia's laws. But these drugs are great for slowly but surely ruining communites and society as a whole.

I won't touch on mass immigration as you'll likely blow a fuse.

If you don’t think Nightingale's were a propaganda stunt then why were they not used as they were meant to be used ?

Also ,I thought they were pleading for retired doctors to assist as a matter of urgency, yet it transpired that hospitals were way below capacity and to top it off you had little to no chance of seeing your doctor face to face regardless of urgency.

If you don’t think Nightingale's were a propaganda stunt then why were they not used as they were meant to be used ?

Also ,I thought they were pleading for retired doctors to assist as a matter of urgency, yet it transpired that hospitals were way below capacity and to top it off you had little to no chance of seeing your doctor face to face regardless of urgency.
    https://twitter.com/charlotteemmauk/...ld84t0ZehKeJNg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I guess you mean all governments as those decisions were at the table of first minsters, we could have used the facilities such as Nightingale hospitals early set up and use .
    Nightingale hospitals did not exist at this point. How are you and TWGL1 not getting this?

"If you don’t think Nightingale's were a propaganda stunt then why were they not used as they were meant to be used ?"

What do you mean? How were they used?

I think the government dealt with COVID appallingly and will hopefully face the music once a proper inquiry takes place but I can't knock them for trying to put more hospitals in place due to the rising deaths and hospitalisations at the time (which it could be argued that their negligence caused).

Propaganda it wasn't. my mate's step father was in Dragon's Heart (the Nightingale hospital in Cardiff) for 6 days during lockdown with COVID and pneumonia. He's an alcoholic and a lifetime smoker so he was lucky to return home.

I know from my ex that the Nightingale hospital they built on the Heath Hospital grounds (Lakeside) was at full capacity over the Christmas period: only 5 months ago.

Your move.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You given up all pretEnce of political neutrality lately havent you. It doesn’t matter, because no one believed it of you anyway.

Your latest episode of whataboutery doesn’t work I’m afraid. The first Nightingale Hospital opened on 3 April 2020 some two or three weeks after people with Covid were first transferred from hospitals into care homes.

If this lot don't get the mother of all kickings at the locals next week, I ****ing give up.

Do you ever waiver from the official narrative?

There are so many questions that remain unanswered and people are entitled to question it.

To some the this kind of news has been obvious after about two weeks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    If this lot don't get the mother of all kickings at the locals next week, I ****ing give up.
    And vote for who?

Here in Wales (which no one ever seems to care about weirdly, given most of us live here) it seems that we were TWO weeks behind England on this.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Welsh Government are dragged into this now

https://www.business-live.co.uk/econ...-care-23804659

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    And vote for who?

[/url]
    Who do you suggest?. Keep the status quo?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Who do you suggest?. Keep the status quo?
    I'm confused. Next week it's local elections for Cardiff (and others) Council. The story here refers to the UK government, and in effect the English NHS.

The Welsh NHS is run by Labour, and it seems we were doing the same policy that is being understandably criticised here for another two weeks after England ceased doing it.

So I'm not sure who you suggest we should vote for?

Rest assured, the Tories will take a hammering and understandably so, but it appears we had an even worse policy on all this in Wales.

It is beyond me why so many on here care more about the English NHS than the Welsh.

I suggest people vote for who they like and maybe base it on local issues as it's a local election. If we must base it on national healthcare issues, the performance of the Welsh Govt would be a greater issue for me given it impacts on my life more