+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison

Re: Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison

I (and I thought most) were happy with Warnocks appointment and I’m happy with Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    The writing was on the wall, Warnock went before he was pushed. The players got the other 2 sacked but that won't happen to Morison because they are all going in the summer. If Morison's got to fall on a sword as a manager it'll be his own.

Sludge has a point. I'll put it another way. How many good managers would want to come here when they know we've got loads of fans who be on his back if he didn't win his first 3 games.
    I don't think our fans are at all unique.

All have been given a fair amount of time by the majority of fans I'd say, even if they weren't the most inspiring of appointments.

McCarthy to get the sack and most fans on his back had to play 8cbs and lose 4/5 in a row.

Even then the clubs hierarchy still gave him time.

I don't know how many really want SM out. I'd imagine it's very few. He will have a full window and probably at minimum half of next season before this really changes. Messageboards don't offer the full perspective I find and social media tends to be few people who shout very loud.

I'd say most managers get decent support from fans and the management, not necessarily any better or worse than most clubs.

he's going to be here until the new season at least, so let's see what kind of an transfer window we have.
    moaning now is just a waste of time

I think give him a season then start chucking fruit if the displays are as bad as they have been recently

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    The renewal of Warnock's contract back in 2019 is what set the wheels in motion for where Cardiff find themselves today.

It was an incredibly short sighted appointment, bearing in mind that the club required wholesale changes, particularly through the spine of the squad. Entrusting recruitment to a man who only signed an extension for one season and would soon be out the door at the earliest opportunity when it became apparent Cardiff were not in the running for promotion was a mistake from the board.

In his replacement, Harris somehow managed to orchestrate a playoff push which papered over the cracks of an unbalanced playing squad and when results dried up under his tenure, McCarthy was brought in and his initial success lead to a knee jerk offer of a two year contract and he was soon out of the door once he secured a record breaking losing streak.

This summer represents an opportunity to start a new with many unfavoured members of the squad heading out the door. Morison and the recruitment staff did wonders in the January transfer window, that saw Cardiff lose their first 20+ goal a season striker in a decade, as well as the player with the most assists in the championship at the time. Weaknesses were identified, gaps were plugged and much needed results were secured to guarantee survival.

The pressure is on this summer to secure new players who can hopefully make an impression on this division. I can't wait for the new season and just hope that in a young manager, Cardiff have someone who can help them to kick on and recover from the last few years. A convincing win against the Jacks would be nice.
    Well argued post, I’d be happy with a vaguely convincing performance against the jacks at the moment mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think give him a season then start chucking fruit if the displays are as bad as they have been recently
    This summer is a blank canvas. Nows the time to get rid to give someone who knows what they are doing to come in and shape the club.

Morison talks a good game but tactically he is inept and by his own admission is not a coach. If that’s the case then Ramasut and Hudson are not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "I'd love to take over as manager Mr Tan, the club has been in the top 2 divisions for almost 2 decades now, top 32 for most of that, has a great modern stadium alongside training facilities that are soon to be improved, on top of that there's a good academy, good young players and a large catchment area of potential support, there's even an effectively blank canvas with many old high earners leaving this summer allowing me to implement what I want! But the thing is CCMB has a couple of moaners so unfortunately I'll have to turn down this contract worth thousands a week"
    Blimey, I wish that I had posted this but then if I had TLG and various other moaners would have piled in straight away to ridicule it. Anyway big from me.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I think you are being incredibly stupid if you don't think this club is seen as a basket case in the football world
    Who knows? It might be, but I would suggest that's down to our owner, not the fans.

If you are suggesting our club is seen as a basket case because of our fans then you are being delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

All have been given a fair amount of time by the majority of fans I'd say, even if they weren't the most inspiring of appointments.

McCarthy to get the sack and most fans on his back had to play 8cbs and lose 4/5 in a row.

Even then the clubs hierarchy still gave him time.

I don't know how many really want SM out. I'd imagine it's very few. He will have a full window and probably at minimum half of next season before this really changes. Messageboards don't offer the full perspective I find and social media tends to be few people who shout very loud.

I'd say most managers get decent support from fans and the management, not necessarily any better or worse than most clubs.
    Agreed.

Losing matches in isolation is fine. There are many factors that could be at play including luck and being on the wrong end of a bad refereeing decision. However, losing streaks are more alarming and can't be just down to bad luck. The worrying thing for me is Morisons ability to make the necessary adjustments to change these living runs.
    I'd give him the summer to build the squad and tackle next season, but if we see similar runs of bad results then I'd show him the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I don't know how many really want SM out. I'd imagine it's very few. Messageboards don't offer the full perspective I find and social media tends to be few people who shout very loud.
    In real terms I suspect there are very few active posters on here and of those there are a few who take every opportunity to take a swipe at Morison usually replaying the same criticisms time and time again even if the post isn't about SM they segway it in.

Up to them really

I said back in January that I'd judge him on our home record at the end of the season. We were bottom of that table at the time. We improved but have since slumped to 22nd 2 points off bottom.

The loan players came in and made a huge difference but none have played nearly as well since mid march and only Dramah still excites me. Doyle has been reduced to the odd flash of inspiration and the forwards look naf like they've been coached down to our level.

So I think it's a no thanks for me

Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison... pop music

The glass half full interpretation is that our current losing run is immaterial and there’s a degree of inevitability to it - in fact, Morison did too well in some ways as no one had expected the last six matches to be rendered meaningless because we were mathematically safe from the drop.

Although I probably qualify as one of the moaners referred to earlier in the thread, I’d say the last bit of previous paragraph is true and my reaction to losing the last four matches has been more one of disinterest than annoyance (although I accept it would be better if we were not going to go into the new season with a fair chance of equalling or “bettering” the club record run of consecutive defeats created a few months earlier!).

If you’re talking angry, then that was after the Swansea surrender and the Bristol City shambles. As for Morison, based on what happened in January, I’m quietly confident about there being some decent recruitment done in the summer to leave us with a squad that will be competitive in the division, my fear is more to do with what happens once the new season starts in terms of things like coaching and motivation of the squad.

It’s a little unfair of me to say this because I know little about what Morison is like when he’s not got a camera or a microphone in front of him, but I can only judge him on what he says in public and so, on what I know about him, I wouldn’t want him as my boss - I know for a fact his methods would not get the best out of me.