+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison

Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison

So that's 4 managerial appointments CCFC fans don't seem happy with

You wonder why people are hardly banging down the doors to manage this club 🤔

Re: Warnock , Harris , Mccarthy, Morison

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

You wonder why people are hardly banging down the doors to manage this club ��
    You seriously think this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You seriously think this?
    I think word gets around . And we are not as attractive a club to manage as people like to think .

I think word gets around . And we are not as attractive a club to manage as people like to think .
    This is our first season out of the top 32 clubs in the country in terms of league position for 15 years. Of course we're an attractive club to manage.

This is our first season out of the top 32 clubs in the country in terms of league position for 15 years. Of course we're an attractive club to manage.
    Well you would think we were

But we clearly ain't

Well you would think we were

But we clearly ain't
    So what evidence do you have that makes you think decent managers have turned us down?

Stick to the fishing and metal threads Sludge

You can't say fans were not happy with Warrnock, the other 3 yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    You can't say fans were not happy with Warrnock, the other 3 yeah
    The writing was on the wall, Warnock went before he was pushed. The players got the other 2 sacked but that won't happen to Morison because they are all going in the summer. If Morison's got to fall on a sword as a manager it'll be his own.

Sludge has a point. I'll put it another way. How many good managers would want to come here when they know we've got loads of fans who be on his back if he didn't win his first 3 games.

Its all about the money , it can buy you anything the likes of Warnock , McCarthy dont come cheap .

Same goes for the players .

We have now chosen a different path with a young untried manager who has done well at U23 level , he has been brave enough to not pick the over paid under performing ageing end of contract player I guess in readiness for there departure in the summer , put his faith in young talent a lot being Welsh , brave enough to criticise them , got us to safety , got great loans in , yes the season is now winding down , as are the players .

We can only judge the club and its players / manager next year which hopefully wont be a fixture congested one due to Covid restrictions and uncertainty .

And I hope the young players who we see now , who are still developing , as is the manager , will be better and stronger for this season experiences supplement with some excellent loans ( more of the same as the last few we have had in hopefully )

Have faith I say ( again ) .

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    The writing was on the wall, Warnock went before he was pushed. The players got the other 2 sacked but that won't happen to Morison because they are all going in the summer. If Morison's got to fall on a sword as a manager it'll be his own.

Sludge has a point. I'll put it another way. How many good managers would want to come here when they know we've got loads of fans who be on his back if he didn't win his first 3 games.
    Any manager worth his salt wouldn't give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don't encourage him ffs

For me, the jury is still out on Morison. He did what he was supposed to do this season. What he did in the January window was impressive. I'll judge him on this summer and next season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And heavyweight boxing, he’s clearly an expert at that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its all about the money , it can buy you anything the likes of Warnock , McCarthy dont come cheap .

Same goes for the players .

We have now chosen a different path with a young untried manager who has done well at U23 level , he has been brave enough to not pick the over paid under performing ageing end of contract player I guess in readiness for there departure in the summer , put his faith in young talent a lot being Welsh , brave enough to criticise them , got us to safety , got great loans in , yes the season is now winding down , as are the players .

We can only judge the club and its players / manager next year which hopefully wont be a fixture congested one due to Covid restrictions and uncertainty .

And I hope the young players who we see now , who are still developing , as is the manager , will be better and stronger for this season experiences supplement with some excellent loans ( more of the same as the last few we have had in hopefully )

Have faith I say ( again ) .
    Great post and not convinced the fans don't want SM as I'm not sure this board is a barometer of those in the stadium and certainly not reflective of where I sit or my social circles - most I know want to give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    And heavyweight boxing, he’s clearly an expert at that.
    I know a fat git when I see one

You don't need any expertise to recognise that

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Great post and not convinced the fans don't want SM as I'm not sure this board is a barometer of those in the stadium and certainly not reflective of where I sit or my social circles - most I know want to give him a chance
    The miserable feckers on here don't

It is what it is , we ain't got the money

I would prefer a big name with a track record but there you go

So what evidence do you have that makes you think decent managers have turned us down?
    Well I think you are being incredibly stupid if you don't think this club is seen as a basket case in the football world

The renewal of Warnock's contract back in 2019 is what set the wheels in motion for where Cardiff find themselves today.

It was an incredibly short sighted appointment, bearing in mind that the club required wholesale changes, particularly through the spine of the squad. Entrusting recruitment to a man who only signed an extension for one season and would soon be out the door at the earliest opportunity when it became apparent Cardiff were not in the running for promotion was a mistake from the board.

In his replacement, Harris somehow managed to orchestrate a playoff push which papered over the cracks of an unbalanced playing squad and when results dried up under his tenure, McCarthy was brought in and his initial success lead to a knee jerk offer of a two year contract and he was soon out of the door once he secured a record breaking losing streak.

This summer represents an opportunity to start a new with many unfavoured members of the squad heading out the door. Morison and the recruitment staff did wonders in the January transfer window, that saw Cardiff lose their first 20+ goal a season striker in a decade, as well as the player with the most assists in the championship at the time. Weaknesses were identified, gaps were plugged and much needed results were secured to guarantee survival.

The pressure is on this summer to secure new players who can hopefully make an impression on this division. I can't wait for the new season and just hope that in a young manager, Cardiff have someone who can help them to kick on and recover from the last few years. A convincing win against the Jacks would be nice.

You wonder why people are hardly banging down the doors to manage this club 🤔
    It could be that prospective managers are put of by the people who own/run the club?

It could also be, for the job that is needed there's no money forthcoming and said owners want to pay peanuts?

Paying customers having a say on the product they're consuming, the absolute shame of it?

"I'd love to take over as manager Mr Tan, the club has been in the top 2 divisions for almost 2 decades now, top 32 for most of that, has a great modern stadium alongside training facilities that are soon to be improved, on top of that there's a good academy, good young players and a large catchment area of potential support, there's even an effectively blank canvas with many old high earners leaving this summer allowing me to implement what I want! But the thing is CCMB has a couple of moaners so unfortunately I'll have to turn down this contract worth thousands a week"

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "I'd love to take over as manager Mr Tan, the club has been in the top 2 divisions for almost 2 decades now, top 32 for most of that, has a great modern stadium alongside training facilities that are soon to be improved, on top of that there's a good academy, good young players and a large catchment area of potential support, there's even an effectively blank canvas with many old high earners leaving this summer allowing me to implement what I want! But the thing is CCMB has a couple of moaners so unfortunately I'll have to turn down this contract worth thousands a week"

Morison has been in charge for 30 league games, we have lost 14 of them. People have every right to voice their displeasure and have concerns that he is the man to take us forward.

February and March was very good, a bounce and a lift with the new loan signings and we got on a bit of a roll, fortunate to win some of those games but thats what happens when you have a bit of momentum, so have to give some credit there.

However, either side of February and March does not make for good reading. After the initial new manager bounce of 3 wins in 6 games we then went over 2 months to record our next league victory and since the good run come to an abrupt end with the 4-0 thrashing at home to our bitter rivals (the tactics, performance and surrender that day is unforgiveable in itself) we have lost 5 of the last 6 and performances have dropped off a cliff.

These long periods where we are losing games on a regular basis is alarming and Morison blaming everyone but himself for these poor runs does not cut the mustard.

We could win the FA Cup and some fans on here would say we were lucky !

Now clearly morison isn't the world's best coach or manager and I would love the next Eddie Howe here .

But if my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle .

I don't think he has enough experience for the job in hand but I hope he proves me wrong.
    He did well in January with his loan signings but will he be able to get more than 2 or 3 good ones if we need about 10 in the summer I'm not too sure.
    I Don't like him as a man but that is irrelevant if he gets the job done but it does buy you time if things aren't going to well.
    People pay their money travel all over and are entitled to moan when they are served up the mainly shit we have witnessed this season.