+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Grand Old Duke of York

The Grand Old Duke of York

loses his freedom of the city honour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61247885

The rank of duke, like other peerages, can only be removed by an act of parliament, which last happened in 1917.

so should the government and royal family step in and remove his title of Duke ?

its a yes from me

Re: The Grand Old Duke of York

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    loses his freedom of the city honour

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61247885

The rank of duke, like other peerages, can only be removed by an act of parliament, which last happened in 1917.

so should the government and royal family step in and remove his title of Duke ?

its a yes from me
    And me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And me.
    All royal titles should be abolished. It's a case of a family being highly privileged and influential (and semi-worshipped in sicophantic style) merely because they were born in the right bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    All royal titles should be abolished. It's a case of a family being highly privileged and influential (and semi-worshipped in sicophantic style) merely because they were born in the right bed.

Can't imagine there's many people who think he should keep the title. Even monarchists will recognise the damage that it does to the reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    All royal titles should be abolished. It's a case of a family being highly privileged and influential (and semi-worshipped in sycophantic style) merely because they were born in the right bed.
    Typo rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Can't imagine there's many people who think he should keep the title. Even monarchists will recognise the damage that it does to the reputation.
    Good point. I have changed my mind and I now hope he keeps the title.

Nobody is asking what Epstein got in return, considering he was running a large entrapment organisation. What did his clients give up in exchange for these services?