+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Klopp extends Liverpool contract to 2026...

Klopp extends Liverpool contract to 2026...

Wow, what a commitment by the Club and the manager given the merry-go-round that exists almost everywhere else.

I also didn't know he has the best win percentage record of former Liverpool managers:

Klopp's place among club greats
    Manager Games Win %
    Bill Shankly 783 52.11
    Bob Paisley 535 57.57
    Joe Fagan 131 54.2
    Kenny Dalglish 307 60.91
    Jurgen Klopp 373 61.39

BBC report here https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61262331

Re: Klopp extends Liverpool contract to 2026...

Phenomenal manager

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Phenomenal manager
    So good that the season after he exploded onto the Mersey scene he won nothing. I could manage a team like that. Put him in charge of Watford Norwich or Burnley , then you’d see how good he is. During his time at Burnley Sean Dyche was far superior when you consider what he had to work with. That’s what I call a good manager, not someone who spends a few hundred million on diving prima donnas. Klopp also gets stroppy when things don’t go his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    So good that the season after he exploded onto the Mersey scene he won nothing. I could manage a team like that. Put him in charge of Watford Norwich or Burnley , then you’d see how good he is. During his time at Burnley Sean Dyche was far superior when you consider what he had to work with. That’s what I call a good manager, not someone who spends a few hundred million on diving prima donnas. Klopp also gets stroppy when things don’t go his way.

I couldn’t disagree more. He has a proven track record with unfashionable clubs in Mainz and Dortmund. Besides spending money is no guarantee of success. The man gets his team to play exciting, attack minded football and has the charisma to go with it.
    The best manager in the business.

Bit of a silly comment

Really disagree with that. I think it's legitimate to ask what Guardialoa would do with a poor/average side, he's always been given the best side in the league and loads of money. Not sure you can say that about Klopp mind, he's taken Liverpool from one of the chasing pack to one of the top 2. Most of the big money they have spent has come after he got initial success, so it's essentially money that he earned the club anyway. I think he's an absolutely fantastic manager.

Klopp did a great job at Mainz (took them from 2 Bundesliga to Europe) and then turned Dortmund from finishes of 7th, 9th and 13th (before he took over) to 2 Bundesliga titles and a CL final. He's done it at other clubs, too. That's why he's so good.

Phenomenal manager
    This. Pick whatever metric you want - he's done a pretty amazing job wherever he's been. Of course at our club, a new contract for a manager is the kiss of death. I wonder if they will end up sacking Klopp midway through next season and then replacing him with someone who used to play for Millwall? Probably not.

A truly bad opinion

I couldn’t disagree more. He has a proven track record with unfashionable clubs in Mainz and Dortmund. Besides spending money is no guarantee of success. The man gets his team to play exciting, attack minded football and has the charisma to go with it.
    The best manager in the business.
    Yep, he ticks all the boxes, and his teams are hardworking too. He also gets the best out of players, improving them along the way.

Are Man Utd your "second team" by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are Man Utd your "second team" by any chance?
    No. I don’t have a second team. It’s just that I dislike Klopp and all he stands for. The rest of the PL think the same as me.

A football manager who gets stroppy when things don't go his way - well I never

Your message sounds as if it was written in about 2017 - Klopp has gone well past the situation you describe since then.

No. I don’t have a second team. It’s just that I dislike Klopp and all he stands for. The rest of the PL think the same as me.
    Impressed by your research there and your contacts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This. Pick whatever metric you want - he's done a pretty amazing job wherever he's been. Of course at our club, a new contract for a manager is the kiss of death. I wonder if they will end up sacking Klopp midway through next season and then replacing him with someone who used to play for Millwall? Probably not.
    That is such a great comparison - wish I had thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A football manager who gets stroppy when things don't go his way - well I never

Your message sounds as if it was written in about 2017 - Klopp has gone well past the situation you describe since then.
    The annoying thing is that it’s all going his way now

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    So you don't think Terry Hurlock would be in with a shout then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you don't think Terry Hurlock would be in with a shout then?
    Edit: wrong set of plastics. My bad