+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Mowbray interview

Tony Mowbray interview

Re: Tony Mowbray interview

I've always liked TM seems a decent bloke.

Probably Blackburn are thinking if we go up we need we better, like we should have with Malky and Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I've always liked TM seems a decent bloke.
    I always thought the same about Mick McCarthy until he came to manage us...

Very likeable guy Tony Mowbray

Mark Warburton's leaving QPR at the end of the season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Mark Warburton's leaving QPR at the end of the season as well.
    And said almost exactly the same as TM in that tweet

Nice guy. I’d take Morison over him though and I don’t rate Morison

Doesn't he have an agent?

Taken him several seasons to fix Blackburn who were neck deep in the brown stuff. On that basis he wouldn't last 5mins here as the fans would hound him out on the basis that he didn't deliver promotion after 5 games.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Taken him several seasons to fix Blackburn who were neck deep in the brown stuff. On that basis he wouldn't last 5mins here as the fans would hound him out on the basis that he didn't deliver promotion after 5 games.
    Bollocks. City fans haven’t hounded a manager out in many years. On the contrary, the fanbase has become remarkably lethargic.

Mowbray teams have always had a reputation for playing good, attacking, football, so he'd never be linked with us. His record isn't perfect down the years by any means, but he's always struck me as a genuine and honest man who hasn't had the best of luck away from the game (for example, losing his first wife to cancer when she was in her twenties).

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    This messageboard nowhere near reflects the view of the wider fan base. There’s a few screamers & shouters on here but, perhaps, 80/90% of our fans know they or even this messageboard exists. I go down with two mates, have done for many seasons, they’ve no clue of CCMB……..I very often think that they’re better off for it.

Blackburn fans have been moaning about Mowbray for ages. They can still go up!
    A really decent manager who has done well there. They may appreciate more once he’s gone.