+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jurgen Klopp for PM!

Jurgen Klopp for PM!

Without wishing to create yet another Brexit debate, I've often thought that Klopp and Guardiola are more than just "football men" - they could have been successful in many different facets of life.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...klopp-23798811

Re: Jurgen Klopp for PM!

Christ alive, that is the cringiest thing I have read in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Without wishing to create yet another Brexit debate, I've often thought that Klopp and Guardiola are more than just "football men" - they could have been successful in many different facets of life.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...klopp-23798811
    Oh look you created another Brexit debate .

Warnock talks a lot more sense on Brexit make a real decent PM .

I'll drop Alistair Campbell a tweet .

In this world of bully and harassment , lets remember how much a political bully Alistair Campbell was.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh look you created another Brexit debate .

Warnock talks a lot more sense on Brexit make a real decent PM .

I'll drop Alistair Campbell a tweet .

In this world of bully and harassment , lets remember how much a political bully Alistair Campbell was.
    There is certainly good and bad people on both sides of any debate. Alistair Campbell however, whilst I have sympathy for his demons that many of us have, is not a nice person at all. He is appalling abusive and bigoted on twitter for example.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    There is certainly good and bad people on both sides of any debate. Alistair Campbell however, whilst I have sympathy for his demons that many of us have, is not a nice person at all. He is appalling abusive and bigoted on twitter for example.
    Lots of shooting the messenger going on here it seems when all I did was talk about a couple of football managers.

Lots of shooting the messenger going on here it seems when all I did was talk about a couple of football managers.
    Not at all. It was a humorous read and good to know the kind of stuff The New European is pumping into peoples veins

Whenever Alistair Campbell talks about lying the words pot and kettle spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Whenever Alistair Campbell talks about lying the words pot and kettle spring to mind.
    Horrible man. I can think of very very few people more divisive or less able to engage in respectful debate than him.

Him and Klopp strike me as very different people.

Jurgen Klopp: “My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there’s something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right.

It's such a basic thing, if I'm doing well than I also want others to do well. We have the oppositive in this country, with many who are doing well and even those who aren't doing well are always looking to punch down on either the working class or refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Jurgen Klopp: “My political understanding is this: if I am doing well, I want others to do well, too. If there’s something I will never do in my life it is vote for the right.

It's such a basic thing, if I'm doing well than I also want others to do well. We have the oppositive in this country, with many who are doing well and even those who aren't doing well are always looking to punch down on either the working class or refugees.
    That's not true though. That's you're interpretation of it, but it's not true.

How else do you explain voting for people who repeatedly cut benefits for the most vulnerable and have also overseen 12 years of wage stagnation?

Not at all. It was a humorous read and good to know the kind of stuff The New European is pumping into peoples veins
    So you don’t think that Klopp and Guardiola are exceptional men who could make a career for themselves in politics if they wanted because you don’t like Alistair Campbell?

I know Klopp favoured Remain in the 2016 referendum and appears to have left of centre views, but I know nothing about Guardiola’s politics apart from a few things he’s said about Catalonia.

So you don’t think that Klopp and Guardiola are exceptional men who could make a career for themselves in politics if they wanted because you don’t like Alistair Campbell?

I know Klopp favoured Remain in the 2016 referendum and appears to have left of centre views, but I know nothing about Guardiola’s politics apart from a few things he’s said about Catalonia.
    No, I think Klopp and Guardiola (and indeed many football managers) are exceptional men who would make great politicians.

But the article was still hilariously sycophantic and written by a complete arse.

No, I think Klopp and Guardiola (and indeed many football managers) are exceptional men who would make great politicians.

But the article was still hilariously sycophantic and written by a complete arse.
    So, as I said four days ago, you were shooting the messenger.

So, as I said four days ago, you were shooting the messenger.
    No, I think it was an interesting to thing to post and I agree with you on Klopp and Guardiola. The article just went way too far and was cringeworthy!

I'm shooting, so to speak, the author.

Yes it is , the Tories are shithouses who don't give a toss about the less well off . If they did they wouldn't cut benefits to them .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes it is , the Tories are shithouses who don't give a toss about the less well off . If they did they wouldn't cut benefits to them .
    Or increase their pay, or put more of them in jobs etc etc etc.

Assume you are referring to Universal Credit? It wasn't cut, it was increased temporarily during the pandemic.

I should know, my own children benefit from it.

Or increase their pay, or put more of them in jobs etc etc etc.

Assume you are referring to Universal Credit? It wasn't cut, it was increased temporarily during the pandemic.

I should know, my own children benefit from it.
    As did mine , my son has told me Universal Credit is the best thing that happened for him , when it was introduced they gave him £600 to ,manager the transition a lot of his mates burned it on booze and were clambering for more help in the DSS offices , he sensibly paid of his debts and is in a good place now along with his disability /carers allowance he pulls in about £20k pa and has rent paid etc .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As did mine , my son has told me Universal Credit is the best thing that happened for him , when it was introduced they gave him £600 to ,manager the transition a lot of his mates burned it on booze and were clambering for more help in the DSS offices , he sensibly paid of his debts and is in a good place now along with his disability /carers allowance he pulls in about £20k pa and has rent paid etc .
    Why did he say it was the best thing to happen for him?

Are you aware that the £600 he was "given" was actually loan that he needed to pay back through his future UC payments and that it wasn't a gift? Maybe he didn't realise that he needed to pay that back.

I'm glad he's in a good place now along with his free rent and £20k pa.

How about the millions of people who aren't getting £20k pa and free rent through UC and disability so they're financially far worse off? As long as your son is ok though, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Why did he say it was the best thing to happen for him?

Are you aware that the £600 he was "given" was actually loan that he needed to pay back through his future UC payments and that it wasn't a gift? Maybe he didn't realise that he needed to pay that back.

I'm glad he's in a good place now along with his free rent and £20k pa.

How about the millions of people who aren't getting £20k pa and free rent through UC and disability so they're financially far worse off? As long as your son is ok though, I guess?
    tbf if he's caring for LoM then I don't begrudge him a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post