+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City have agreed deals with transfer targets, says Steve Morison

Cardiff City have agreed deals with transfer targets, says Steve Morison

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61272231

Steve Morison says he has already agreed deals with potential new signings as he looks to reshape his Cardiff City squad.

Re: Cardiff City have agreed deals with transfer targets, says Steve Morison

I think Stevo's been watching Moneyball....

"both are playing abroad at the minute"

Madrid's abroad... Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Bristol City and Millwall are 'abroad' as well

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Steve Morison says he has already agreed deals with potential new signings as he looks to reshape his Cardiff City squad.
    not sure I read it like this in his press conference in terms of them being done deals but positive that we are not hanging around with so many changes needed

Madrid's abroad... Just saying.
    So was Marilyn Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    not sure I read it like this in his press conference in terms of them being done deals but positive that we are not hanging around with so many changes needed
    Yeah. He said the finances are sorted, but the players still need to co firm they’re coming and there will still need to be medicals.
    The Zoom (Zewm) calls were part of the process, with it sounding like things are being done in the correct order, at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's true

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So was Marilyn Monroe.
    😁

Apparently he's been given a transfer fund of £80m

That's true
    Steve Morison is English. He thinks the whole of the UK and possibly Ireland is England.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    According to Talksport, this morning, Jed Wallace could be going to Forest!

😁
    Hmmm....it took a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Apparently he's been given a transfer fund of £80m
    Is this true? If so, it's very good news. A good manager could get us promoted with that sort of money.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Is this true? If so, it's very good news. A good manager could get us promoted with that sort of money.
    that can't be true

Joe Allen?

Just checking it’s not April 1st. £80k will be closer to the mark!

I think you've had your leg pulled.

hahahaha wow

Against my better judgement I'm encouraged by the fact that at least 2 of our targets are currently operating abroad.

There SHOULD be far better value to be had when looking outside of the UK, but we don't have the best track record with foreign signings do we?

Whilst it is absolute rubbish, if there was any season where any team could buy promotion, I think this coming one is it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst it is absolute rubbish, if there was any season where any team could buy promotion, I think this coming one is it.
    That depends on who comes down from the premier league, and who goes up.

If its Everton you'd expect them to blow everyone else away. That leaves only one more spot and the playoffs.
    If Forest or Bournemouth don't go up then they could be up there again, and Sheff Utd and West Brom will have money to spend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post

Great news well done one R Morison .

I'm sure someone will fire some negatives at him and the club .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Great news well done one R Morison .

I'm sure someone will fire some negatives at him and the club .
    We don't know who the players are yet, they could be crap, or they could sign for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We don't know who the players are yet, they could be crap, or they could sign for someone else.
    According to the other board they are implying suggesting indicating that they are welsh players

Also I think the reference to 80 million earlier on in the thread came from a post on the other board as well where someone was predicting what we could sue Nantes for in terms of lost revenue dependant on the CAS decision