+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff City have agreed deals with transfer targets, says Steve Morison

Re: Cardiff City have agreed deals with transfer targets, says Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    According to the other board they are implying suggesting indicating that they are welsh players

Also I think the reference to 80 million earlier on in the thread came from a post on the other board as well where someone was predicting what we could sue Nantes for in terms of lost revenue dependant on the CAS decision
    The other board haven't got a clue. They just throw enough muck that some of it will stick. It's also deliberately vague so if we sign someone like Levitt, they can see, told you. Someone claimed "I've heard we're going to sign a striker and a centre mid". Well done, Sherlock.

According to the other board they are implying suggesting indicating that they are welsh players

Also I think the reference to 80 million earlier on in the thread came from a post on the other board as well where someone was predicting what we could sue Nantes for in terms of lost revenue dependant on the CAS decision
    Welsh players out of contract include...

David Brooks
    Tom Lawrence
    Gareth Bale
    Dylan Levitt
    Ben Woodburn
    Paul Dummett
    Tom Lockyer
    Sam Vokes
    Joe Allen
    James Lawrence
    James Chester
    Chris Gunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Welsh players out of contract include...

David Brooks
    Tom Lawrence
    Gareth Bale
    Dylan Levitt
    Ben Woodburn
    Paul Dummett
    Tom Lockyer
    Sam Vokes
    Joe Allen
    James Lawrence
    James Chester
    Chris Gunter
    The only really realistic one is Lockyer. Don't think we could afford the others, or they're not good enough. I'll let you decide where that leaves Gareth Bale... but can he really expect to start over Mark Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The only really realistic one is Lockyer. Don't think we could afford the others, or they're not good enough. I'll let you decide where that leaves Gareth Bale... but can he really expect to start over Mark Harris?
    Brooks is an interesting one, hard to judge where he's going to end up having missed so much football. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs on again at Bournemouth

Brooks is an interesting one, hard to judge where he's going to end up having missed so much football. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs on again at Bournemouth
    Brooks signed a "long term contract" in the summer of 2019 while Bournemouth were in the PL and he had an exceptional season. I don't think he is out of contract. Transfermarkt says he is but I don't believe it, and I cannot find any details of his end date elsewhere. Just glad he is OK

Brooks signed a "long term contract" in the summer of 2019 while Bournemouth were in the PL and he had an exceptional season. I don't think he is out of contract. Transfermarkt says he is but I don't believe it, and I cannot find any details of his end date elsewhere. Just glad he is OK
    yeah they do get it wrong sometimes

I think you're right. The end date doesn't seem to have been reported though, which is odd. He signed for them in 2018 for 4 years, then extended it, so it's got to be until 2023 at least.

The other board haven't got a clue. They just throw enough muck that some of it will stick. It's also deliberately vague so if we sign someone like Levitt, they can see, told you. Someone claimed "I've heard we're going to sign a striker and a centre mid". Well done, Sherlock.
    I have been hearing we will sign a few players.
    I can't say anymore at this time but when they sign i will

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I have been hearing we will sign a few players.
    I can't say anymore at this time but when they sign i will
    I can't say any more details but we're going to sign some players that breathe oxygen. HeArD iT hErE fIrSt

I can't say any more details but we're going to sign some players that breathe oxygen. HeArD iT hErE fIrSt
    And isn't Tan a bastard but Sam was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    And isn't Tan a bastard but Sam was great.
    Surely one of our stattos could do some analysis of the other boards accuracy rate as to transfers?

Me, I love the other board for all the wrong reasons and will keep referencing their posts

Surely one of our stattos could do some analysis of the other boards accuracy rate as to transfers?

Me, I love the other board for all the wrong reasons and will keep referencing their posts
    Dreadful. The best windows were the embargo one under Slade, and then Mackay's first in the Championship.

That depends on who comes down from the premier league, and who goes up.

If its Everton you'd expect them to blow everyone else away. That leaves only one more spot and the playoffs.
    If Forest or Bournemouth don't go up then they could be up there again, and Sheff Utd and West Brom will have money to spend as well.
    Apparently Burnley will have to pay back ‘a significant proportion’ of a £65m loan if they get relegated- so we may be better off with them coming down as that’ll dent their parachute payments and probably less to them selling some of their better players

Grealish is available....

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Apparently Burnley will have to pay back ‘a significant proportion’ of a £65m loan if they get relegated- so we may be better off with them coming down as that’ll dent their parachute payments and probably less to them selling some of their better players
    Serious questions have to be asked of the approval of owners in this country. It's one horror story after another recently. Burnley's owners bought Burnley with Burnley's own money for God's sake.

Serious questions have to be asked of the approval of owners in this country. It's one horror story after another recently. Burnley's owners bought Burnley with Burnley's own money for God's sake.
    It’s absolutely bonkers that was allowed to happen.

That is crazy. Didn't the Glasers do the same when they bought Man Utd?

Yes, they take a loan out against the clubs future earnings to buy out the previous owners. Its insane.

At least with Man United they are a huge global brand so future earnings are guaranteed. Burnleys future earnings depend on their Premier League survival. I cannot believe the deal was ratified by the Premier League and FA.

The Glaziers also use the Manchester Utd brand value, to gain favourable finance for other projects

It’s called a Leveraged Buyout. Man United were hamstrung for a while because the debt went in to the club and not the owners.
    It feels like they get the club for free - as long as it can service the loans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s called a Leveraged Buyout. Man United were hamstrung for a while because the debt went in to the club and not the owners.
    It feels like they get the club for free - as long as it can service the loans.
    its a great ruse if you can get away with it