+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Condemn Racist Behaviour

Cardiff City Condemn Racist Behaviour

BBC News - Cardiff City: Club condemn fan's racial abuse of Swansea City player
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61260120

Re: Cardiff City Condemn Racist Behaviour

Ban him for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Ban him for life.
    Absolutley - absolute scum

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Disgraceful.

The only thing I can't comprehend is dickspangles like that bloke would be the first up celebrating if a black player of ours scored for us.

Ban him for life and force him to go to the Swansea.com stadium to make a public apology to Latibeaudiere, on the pitch, just before kick off.

Ban the backwards twat for life

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Disgraceful.

The only thing I can't comprehend is dickspangles like that bloke would be the first up celebrating if a black player of ours scored for us.

Ban him for life and force him to go to the Swansea.com stadium to make a public apology to Latibeaudiere, on the pitch, just before kick off.
    I like the last bit too

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I like the last bit too
    Yes , what a absolutely vile human being

Brainless scum! He even uploaded onto the net, knowing the words he used. Ban him for life!

There were some right arseholes near me for the Swansea game, jumped up the moment any Swansea player was anywhere near them and hurled vile abuse as loudly as they could. They looked mad,thick and coked up

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    There were some right arseholes near me for the Swansea game, jumped up the moment any Swansea player was anywhere near them and hurled vile abuse as loudly as they could. They looked mad,thick and coked up
    You got to wonder what the hell is going on upstairs with these people

Racist abuse is abhorrent.
    But the comments about people having a go at their players is bollox.
    What do you want a ripple of applause when we score and everybody sat on their hands for the rest of the game.
    It's a Derby it should be intimidating WITHOUT THE RACISM

Disagree about banning him for life. That’s how you potentially turn someone more bitter and hateful. At that point he’s got no reason to change his ways and become a better man, unless other posters don’t believe people can change? Ban him home and away for 3 years, name and shame him so his friends, family and colleagues can see what a tit he is and finally, if the Swansea player wants to, sit him down for a face to face apology and discussion of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Disagree about banning him for life. That’s how you potentially turn someone more bitter and hateful. At that point he’s got no reason to change his ways and become a better man, unless other posters don’t believe people can change? Ban him home and away for 3 years, name and shame him so his friends, family and colleagues can see what a tit he is and finally, if the Swansea player wants to, sit him down for a face to face apology and discussion of his actions.
    What sort of message would it send out to others if they had a short ban for such behaviour? The length of ban needs to be strong enough to act as a deterrent.

What sort of message would it send out to others if they had a short ban for such behaviour? The length of ban needs to be strong enough to act as a deterrent.
    You think 3 years is a short ban and not a deterrent? Do you think there would be fans willing to shout a racist slur because “it’s only 3 years”?

For a frame of reference, the first Covid lockdown was 2 years and 1 month ago.

You think 3 years is a short ban and not a deterrent? Do you think there would be fans willing to shout a racist slur because “it’s only 3 years”?

For a frame of reference, the first Covid lockdown was 2 years and 1 month ago.
    I fail to see any relevance with a Covid lockdown for starters.

I think that if fans know they'd be banned for life for such things it would make them think about it far more than a shortish ban and they could come back.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Racist abuse is abhorrent.
    But the comments about people having a go at their players is bollox.
    What do you want a ripple of applause when we score and everybody sat on their hands for the rest of the game.
    It's a Derby it should be intimidating WITHOUT THE RACISM
    This was bad though, two of them had completely lost it, not great when there were women and kids nearby.

I fail to see any relevance with a Covid lockdown for starters.

I think that if fans know they'd be banned for life for such things it would make them think about it far more than a shortish ban and they could come back.
    If you got banned at the start of the first lockdown you’d only be 2/3rds of the way through your ban. As I said, I’m using it as a frame of reference. 3 years is a very long time and not something you just wait to pass.
    I don’t believe for a second that even the biggest, thick as pig shit racist would think a 3 year ban is a worthy trade off for being able to call a black player the N word.

If you got banned at the start of the first lockdown you’d only be 2/3rds of the way through your ban. 3 years is a very long time. I don’t believe for a second that even the biggest, thick as pig shit racist would think a 3 year ban is a worthy trade off for being able to call a black player the N word.
    You clearly think the threat of a 3 year ban is as great as a lifetime ban. I don't. Let's agree to disagree.

why should he be rewarded with a 3 year ban ? ? ? what type of message does that send other fans looking at a way out

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I clicked the link, all I saw was "Swansea's 4-0 victory at Cardiff". I'd actually got that out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    why should he be rewarded with a 3 year ban ? ? ? what type of message does that send other fans looking at a way out
    what’s your thoughts on a lifetime season ticket next to Dai Hunt? Mandatory attendance.

what’s your thoughts on a lifetime season ticket next to Dai Hunt? Mandatory attendance.
    fair enough, now we are talking punishment

He needs to be arrested if caught and surely charged with a racially motivated public order offence . I don't care about rehabilitating him to enable him to return , that's up to the courts and probation , I think the club banning people like this is a good thing. It's up to the club how long he's banned but that's his problem . You cannot use a football ground to air that sort of shite .

For years I've thought that matches like Leeds, Swansea, Millwall and maybe Bristol City have attracted some who aren't interested in the more "mundane" games and don't bother turning up for them. My guess is that the person involved here could be one of them, so a ban may not have the effect on them that people believe it would. It still needs to be done though because anything less than that would send out all the wrong signals.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For years I've thought that matches like Leeds, Swansea, Millwall and maybe Bristol City have attracted some who aren't interested in the more "mundane" games and don't bother turning up for them. My guess is that the person involved here could be one of them, so a ban may not have the effect on them that people believe it would. It still needs to be done though because anything less than that would send out all the wrong signals.
    It's desperately sad that in this day and age and in a city like Cardiff people are still using racially abusive terms like this 😔