+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 48 - 50 inch TV recommendations

48 - 50 inch TV recommendations

Anyone bought a new TV lately? 50 inch max.

Don’t think I need OLED. It’s going to be on the wall in the open kitchen/diner.

Re: 48 - 50 inch TV recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Don’t think I need OLED. It’s going to be on the wall in the open kitchen/diner.
    Richer Sounds are great, I've bought two Samsung QLEDs from them and been very pleased
    Last edited by tomcat; 29-04-22 at 16:50. Reason: typo

Depends on your kitchen layout but for that, I'd prioritise viewing angle over anything else. Doesn't mean I've got a recommendation but I've got one in our house where I wish I'd spent more to get one with a better viewing angle.

In our house we only have Samsung because they come with two remotes and the kids keep hiding them but any remote seems to operate any telly so we can afford to put a few in a drawer for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Richer Sounds are great, I've bought two Samsung QLEDs from them and been very pleased
    Same here sales guy asked what we needed and pointed out Samsung, excellent sets.

Decide on your budget first then go to Richer sounds. Could also be worth taking a photo of where you intend to put the TV to seek their advice on the most suitable.
    Like others though Samsung are great.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9426...ickPR=plp:1:22

comes with ROKU back end which works very well, Hisense are a Chinese company who I believe have been the biggest seller of TV's in China for about 15 years

its a cracking picture

got mine about 2 and 1/2 years ago and its been a cracking TV, well impressed with it

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    RItcher Sounds are the best for knowledge and so helpful .

I'm advised only Samsung and LG build there television fro start to finish others but in components such as Sony who used to use LG screens.

I got an LG TV which apprantly has one of the best Internet connection capabilities and much cheaper than Samsung?

When buying this gear it's best to check if you can afford the supporting mechanism such as boxes and subscriptions,

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Depends on your kitchen layout but for that, I'd prioritise viewing angle over anything else. Doesn't mean I've got a recommendation but I've got one in our house where I wish I'd spent more to get one with a better viewing angle.

In our house we only have Samsung because they come with two remotes and the kids keep hiding them but any remote seems to operate any telly so we can afford to put a few in a drawer for emergencies.
    Sorry should add that as others have said : use richer sounds to pick the actual telly. They are great, and fighting the good fight against Amazon. They have an excellent price match too so you shouldn't be out of pocket but even if it costs a bit more you get an excellent warranty and proper advice. You cant go and look at sets in person at Amazon. Give richer a call. I doubt I'll buy a TV anywhere else.

Sorry should add that as others have said : use richer sounds to pick the actual telly. They are great, and fighting the good fight against Amazon. They have an excellent price match too so you shouldn't be out of pocket but even if it costs a bit more you get an excellent warranty and proper advice. You cant go and look at sets in person at Amazon. Give richer a call. I doubt I'll buy a TV anywhere else.
    I'll second that and all the other Richer Sounds recommendations above. Superb personal and professional service!

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    I'll second that and all the other Richer Sounds recommendations above. Superb personal and professional service!
    Basically anyone who buys a telly anywhere else is a dick. Especially if it's in a supermarket on black Friday or whatever.

But seriously- I bought a fairly cheap telly from richer and had an issue with colour banding. Sent them an email. The actual guy who sold it to me asked for pics and a video (of my telly, not my genitals) and fixed it for me. Use it or lose it.

I like the look of a Samsung 50inch QLED.

My main TV is an LG and while the picture is fantastic I have one issue with it when watching the football, there is a bit of vertical banding when the camera pans from side to side. So I'm reluctant to go LG again.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

comes with ROKU back end which works very well, Hisense are a Chinese company who I believe have been the biggest seller of TV's in China for about 15 years

its a cracking picture

got mine about 2 and 1/2 years ago and its been a cracking TV, well impressed with it
    That's a daft amount for a TV of that size. Almost disposable if you want to change it a year or so later

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

its a cracking picture

I got one of these too after you recommended it in the summer Matt. Great picture as you say….

That's a daft amount for a TV of that size. Almost disposable if you want to change it a year or so later
    The picture is great, really surprised me, the quality really does not reflect the price, as its ROKU it has all the apps that auto-update, all on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I got one of these too after you recommended it in the summer Matt. Great picture as you say….
    we are really happy with it

First Team

Costco sells them. I believe in the UK too now. I have a couple. Both very good.

Id recommend the 50 but 48 is not a bad option

Sony OLED. All day long.

I’ve been looking this morning and I only need a 43 inch for the kitchen. 50 will be too overbearing.

I’m Looking at Samsung qled or their crystal HD. I guess qled is the best one. I'll look into it. Very thin. Not that expensive either.

I also need an other tv for a room that I’m going to make a bit of a man cave. I think I’ll go for the OLED in there as i can make it like a cinema room. Maybe the LG 48 OLED for that one. Prices have come down a lot in last two years.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

6 year guarantee on TVs at no extra cost plus the price match

Can’t go wrong

How many are you buying, Mike? Sounds like you're opening a TV shop.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Id recommend the 50 but 48 is not a bad option
    I'd go for a 49 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    How many are you buying, Mike? Sounds like you're opening a TV shop.
    We’ve had once in a lifetime renovations done (for us anyway, I don’t want to have to have walls knocked down again and be without a kitchen for a few weeks). It’s meant a change of use for a number of rooms / areas. The kitchen / dining area which is now one big space needs a Tv. I went for the 43 Samsung QLED. Any bigger and it will be out of place and overbearing.

We’ve also created Extra living space which will see one of my sons use and he needed a TV. It’s quite a compact but modern new space so I got another 43 QLED. At the moment he only has his phone as a tv so the living space will need a proper telly.

Finally these works have left a room spare. So I have bagged it as mine. It’s the old box room for which I got myself the 48 LG OLED. It’s was price matched and got all three from Richer Sounds with the 6 year warranty.

I rocked up there today and took all three home in the back of the car.

I can remember a tv needing a two man delivery team.