+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It was mostly one way traffic second half and we were unlucky not to win. The ball just wouldn't drop for us in the area on a number of occasions and it was just the final ball that was lacking on others.
    Astute observations. City were truly unfortunate not to beat a dismal Birmingham side. If they’d have been a little bit better at playing football, they might have taken all three points. But they didn’t, because they lacked quality all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Astute observations. City were truly unfortunate not to beat a dismal Birmingham side. If they’d have been a little bit better at playing football, they might have taken all three points. But they didn’t, because they lacked quality all over the pitch.
    Jeezz I thought supporting city was hard enough without looking though it with such angry eyes. It’s also an dismal Cardiff side only improved after Morison. Where were Brum when Morison took over?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    We know that. By increments the club has shed itself of what limited football talent it has. However, rather than adopt the pragmatic football of the last 2 managers, at least Morison seems determined to 'break the mold', and at least attempt to get the team playing it on the ground. If the manager was looking to accumulate as many points as possible these last few games, he'd have Smithies in goal and we wouldn't have conceded today - or a few others lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Thought the ref was awful today. 2 dreadful challenges on Doyle. One an elbow to his head. There right back was pulling Harris all the time and the centre back climbing all over Hugil.

Yet he was booking our players for minor stuff.
    All of our bookings were deserved, we’re one of the dirtiest teams in the league this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Anyone who thinks that Vaulks cant play should be made to watch the second half today. Best player on the pitch by a country mile, controlled the game from a quite deep midfield position and scored unstoppable penalty.
    He can't play

If Vaulks is the answer, were asking the wrong questions!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Jeezz I thought supporting city was hard enough without looking though it with such angry eyes. It’s also a dismal Cardiff side only improved after Morison. Where were Brum when Morison took over?
    I’m not in the slightest bit angry about yesterday’s game. It worked out pretty much how I thought it would. I predicted a draw beforehand, although I went for 2-2 as opposed to 1-1.

City have won one their last seven matches. Birmingham have won one of their last nine. Both teams are in terrible form. That’s not an angry reaction. It’s a statement of the obvious.

Birmingham were 17th when Morison took over. They are one of the three teams City have improved past during his tenure, the others being Reading, who were 13th but hadn’t yet had their points deduction, and Peterborough, who were 20th. Meanwhile, Hull, who were 22nd, have improved past Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He seemed to be making a point. I guess we haven't offered him a new contract.
    I hope we don't

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    If Vaulks is the answer, were asking the wrong questions!
    100% correct 👍

Did anyone else notice the Welsh flag high up to the right in the away end?
    Was being held up for a few minutes then disappeared? 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿