+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nathan Jones

Nathan Jones

What a fantastic job he is doing at Luton. Up into play off places.

Go get him in summer Mehmet

Re: Nathan Jones

We have a manager , doing a decent job. There is certainly a way to go but I am happy to give him my support .

Morison I think is a number 2 but happy to be proved wrong

I think Morrison and his team, given a few good signings will do well next season.
    I think he's a good manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    We have a manager , doing a decent job. There is certainly a way to go but I am happy to give him my support .
    It’s an important summer with so many out of contract. Chance to rebuild the squad and team. Get a man in who’s going to play good
    Football for once, just once!!! 10 years we’ve had direct football, hard working, all in the trenches together style football. I’d just like to see some passing football for once. Nathan Jones is the man to deliver that.

Its not difficult in this thread to spot the poster who hasn't been paying attention properly in the last few months.

Be interesting to see how we progress until the end of the season, Morison showing he’s potential candidate.

I'd love to have Nathan Jones to be our manager at some point, it won't happen this summer though

We should have appointed him when he was sacked by Stoke

Steve Morison for permanent manager. He's young, keen and knows the Cardiff set up well.

Has everyone on this thread watched the Morison podcast video that TOBW posted yesterday? If you haven't, you should. Very interesting.

Nathan Jones is a decent manager but i'd stick with Morison now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Has everyone on this thread watched the Morison podcast video that TOBW posted yesterday? If you haven't, you should. Very interesting.
    Brilliant interview and gives an insight to things we never hear as fans

Happy with Morison and the progress we are making and feel he deserves the job e ven if it is on a rolling contract basis

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd love to have Nathan Jones to be our manager at some point, it won't happen this summer though

We should have appointed him when he was sacked by Stoke
    Winter passed, Spring and Fall. He never wrote, he never called!

We shouldn’t be a team where the Manager is learning on the job.

Nathan Jones has a body of work which proves, in my opinion, that he is up to the job - go get him.

I don't think you can loan managers.

Luton up to third.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Luton up to third.
    Wow.

Well done the lad from blindrhondda , oops Blaenrhondda

Was gutted to see him so broken after his time at Stoke. He's a good man, hope Luton go up

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a fantastic job he is doing at Luton. Up into play off places.

Go get him in summer Mehmet
    Why would he come here?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Was gutted to see him so broken after his time at Stoke. He's a good man, hope Luton go up
    It was fun reading the Stoke Forum after Luton beat them the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    We shouldn’t be a team where the Manager is learning on the job.

Nathan Jones has a body of work which proves, in my opinion, that he is up to the job - go get him.
    Every manager has had to learn on the job at some point
    Nathan Jones did first time at Luton.
    The thing I most like about Morrison.is that he puts the round pegs in round holes.
    The players brought in on loan was exactly what we needed at the time
    Plus he soon dumped the Ralls Vaulkes Pack midfield as he could see they couldn't play together where as before him more experienced managers kept on putting them in the same team.
    We still have a long way to go but did many think we would be safe in mid March back in January?

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    The thing I most like about Morrison.is that he puts the round pegs in round holes.
    Plus he soon dumped the Ralls Vaulkes Pack midfield as he could see they couldn't play together where as before him more experienced managers kept on putting them in the same team.
    We still have a long way to go but did many think we would be safe in mid March back in January?
    Agree.

I think if someone like Wilder came in and didn’t the same and said the same as Morison people would be so excited for next season. For some reason we seem to have some fans with huge egos, it’s odd.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Spot on

Nathan Jones by The Supremes. I loved it

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Agree.

I think if someone like Wilder came in and didn’t the same and said the same as Morison people would be so excited for next season. For some reason we seem to have some fans with huge egos, it’s odd.
    Does it take a huge ego to be critical of a manager then? My main criticism of Morison was about his media appearances where he seemed on edge and looking for a confrontation at times (I’ll always think he was wrong about Isaak Davies as well). However, probably due to a combination of us making ourselves safe and the security of his new contract, he’s handled the media well lately. As a consequence, any debate about him tends to centre on footballing matters and, apart from the odd whinge about us still being dull to watch at times and his attitude towards Sam Bowen, I have few complaints there - even any gripe about style of play has to be qualified by the knowledge of where we were when he took over. Although, Ikpeazu drives me mad at times, it has to be said that all five new players can be judged a success and Warnock’s four central midfielders, who I thought was at the root of so many of our problems, has been virtually disbanded - Ralls, as he should be, is still there, but Vaulks, who’s playing a lot better these days, is probably not in our strongest team and Pack and Bacuna are struggling to make the eighteen.

I have been critical of Steve Morison and I’m sure I will be in the future because, in my experience people are seldom entirely right or wrong, but I’d also say that there are increasing signs that Steve Morison may just be a very good manager in the making - to get us where we are now from where we were just four months ago is some achievement.

As for Nathan Jones, he’s the Championship manager of the season at the moment in my opinion.