+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's more than 15

It's more than 15

It is not only the 10 out of contract players and the 5 loans it is a whole host of others that aren't good enough - Harris Watters Phillips and the list goes on

Not sure why vaulks spends games waving his arms about and pointing at others when he should try and focus on his own game and Watters is too powder puff for this level

Also do we need a new goalkeeping coach as I'm not sure what improvement we see in keepers in recent years

Going Saturday out of habit rather wanting to go

Can't wait for the season to end

Only positive is if we are to close the gap next season then I don't think it is too big a journey as the standard in this division is shite

Re: It's more than 15

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    It is not only the 10 out of contract players and the 5 loans it is a whole host of others that aren't good enough - Harris Watters Phillips and the list goes on

Not sure why vaulks spends games waving his arms about and pointing at others when he should try and focus on his own game and Watters is too powder puff for this level

Also do we need a new goalkeeping coach as I'm not sure what improvement we see in keepers in recent years

Only positive is if we are to close the gap next season then I don't think it is too big a journey as the standard in this division is shite
    Agree about Vaulks, I'm praying he goes.

Your last paragraph is quite significant, Middlesbrough are up there, they’re no great shakes. They didn’t need to be tonight mind.

To close the gap we've got to replace about 10/15 players with better quality than what we've already got. I'm not confident. I give Morison 2 months before he gets the chop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    To close the gap we've got to replace about 10/15 players with better quality than what we've already got. I'm not confident. I give Morison 2 months before he gets the chop.
    Don't think it is about Morison - he has been dealt a shit hand by previous managers - really want him to succeed.

If we do sack him then what next - feck all basically and we start again

Easy to blame SM but so much deeper than that

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Your last paragraph is quite significant, Middlesbrough are up there, they’re no great shakes. They didn’t need to be tonight mind.
    Exactly - we have spent all season lulling teams into a false sense of security - if there is a team that will play another team into form it is us

Don't think it is about Morison - he has been dealt a shit hand by previous managers - really want him to succeed.

Set pieces are garbage. Patterns of play are garbage. Where is the goal going to come from. The players play as individuals rather than a team. It's a joke. He's a massive part of the problem.

Set pieces are garbage. Patterns of play are garbage. Where is the goal going to come from. The players play as individuals rather than a team. It's a joke. He's a massive part of the problem.
    Disagree but then that's football a difference of opinion

Disagree but then that's football a difference of opinion
    Do we look like scoring? We've played 4/5 different formations in the last 7/8 games. We've been dire. We pass it round a bit, then give it away and don't look like penetrating. We've been awful as well. Do you think the set pieces are good? And do you think the players have a plan of how they're going to score?

Do we look like scoring? We've played 4/5 different formations in the last 7/8 games. We've been dire. We pass it round a bit, then give it away and don't look like penetrating. We've been awful as well. Do you think the set pieces are good? And do you think the players have a plan of how they're going to score?
    Look I don't disagree in general with the points you make but i just think that he has been dealt a shit hand and it will take time to make the transition to a different style - square pegs and round holes and all that - we have some shit players that he hasn't recruited

An example of this is Vaulks who was arguing the fact that how could anyone in midfield be expected to play football under McCartht but when given the chance under a different style has proven hands down that he can't play football at all let alone a particular type of football - SM alternatives are experienced players such as bacuna and pack both shite or chuck an untried youngster such as King

Watters as another example who pouted when subbed in the first half because he was shite has had two starts and again proved he is shite and is the only player I know who could turn a 50 50 ball into a a 70 30 ball in favour of the opposition - the alternative are Hariis who is clearly not up to it

I'm willing to give him SM some space to get it right - you may not so there we have the difference

Yes our owner and his choice of ceo

I’d imagine Klopp would struggle to put together a decent team with 15 new signings on a shoestring budget.

There’s always the dream Morison has some amazing scouting system in place, but realistically this isn’t going to end well.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I’d imagine Klopp would struggle to put together a decent team with 15 new signings on a shoestring budget.

There’s always the dream Morison has some amazing scouting system in place, but realistically this isn’t going to end well.
    Yes, rather than an opportunity I see it as a major concern that we’ve got to find so many championship ready players on a very small budget. Of course, you can have a coach who works miracles and improves players performances but not seen any evidence of that so far. We just have to wait and see, we don’t have much choice but feel next season could be an almighty struggle!

Look I don't disagree in general with the points you make but i just think that he has been dealt a shit hand and it will take time to make the transition to a different style - square pegs and round holes and all that - we have some shit players that he hasn't recruited

An example of this is Vaulks who was arguing the fact that how could anyone in midfield be expected to play football under McCartht but when given the chance under a different style has proven hands down that he can't play football at all let alone a particular type of football - SM alternatives are experienced players such as bacuna and pack both shite or chuck an untried youngster such as King

Watters as another example who pouted when subbed in the first half because he was shite has had two starts and again proved he is shite and is the only player I know who could turn a 50 50 ball into a a 70 30 ball in favour of the opposition - the alternative are Hariis who is clearly not up to it

I'm willing to give him SM some space to get it right - you may not so there we have the difference
    Morison has had a chance. He's had 6 months. He's got a massive summer but the last month has been dreadfully disappointing. I keep banging on about set pieces but there is no excuse to be crap at them. It is a fundamental part of the game that we used to be excellent at.

The passing play is dreadful too. It is just passing for passing's sake. We don't do anything with it. I feel for him to an extent cos his best players are tired or struggle to last 90 mins but I really am not seeing any progress.

Next season is going to be an almighty struggle. We probably need a team and a bit of new players, and he's got to get them to gel and settle, and tell them what he wants them to do. Problem is, I don't know what he wants them to do. Keeping the ball with Championship players is easy, especially in the areas we have it. It's doing something with it that's the difficult bit and we don't ever look like breaking anyone down unless it is Colwill who plays off the cuff.

Re the Watters "pouting", asking him to play as a target man and then being surprised he can't do it was crazy. He clearly isn't that type of striker, and to be honest he isn't good enough. Subbing him was the right decision but he didn't need to stick the boot in. Anyway, that's been done to death.

SM has some space but he needs to act fast, and I'm concerned he still hasn't figured out what to do. We start in almost exactly 3 months time and we're losing our safety net of players that can play in a low block and grind stuff out like we have done in the first 3/4 months of his spell.

I'm amazed that some people can't see this. We've lost five of our last six games and we're playing like shit. The players look like they don't have any idea what they're supposed to be doing. What do they work at in training? We don't create any goalscoring chances and we're still making huge defensive errors.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm amazed that some people can't see this. We've lost five of our last six games and we're playing like shit. The players look like they don't have any idea what they're supposed to be doing. What do they work at in training? We don't create any goalscoring chances and we're still making huge defensive errors.
    Whilst i don't disagree, 7 games in a month at the end of season, i'd suggest there is very little training happening.

Logical analysis of the stats indicates Morison has a win record of 36.36%. Above Ole (some games in Prem) and Russell Osman, below McCarthy and Slade.

Slade had to work with a bloated squad of players not good enough, cutting the wage bill with Alex Revell up front.

Logic also indicates the club don't think that highly of him; a one year deal only plus the u23 role was filled prior to that contract - meaning if he'd not been given the year, he'd be unemployed this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree about Vaulks, I'm praying he goes.
    I heard he’s selling his house in Dinas. Could be a load of shit though 😂

He wants to play a better brand of football but it'll take time to turn around the squad, probably several transfer windows. As long as we aren't in relegation trouble I'd like to give him a suitable chance to rebuild as we've had too many short term appointments in the last decade.

Watters as another example who pouted when subbed in the first half because he was shite has had two starts and again proved he is shite and is the only player I know who could turn a 50 50 ball into a a 70 30 ball in favour of the opposition - the alternative are Harris who is clearly not up to it.
    What about James Collins?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not for me - can't fault his effort but I hope we can find better and if an offer comes in for him let him go

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Or Bowen ? Has he gone ?

If you're looking at a first team squad of 23 and everyone out of contract leaves then I make it 11:

* new player needed here

Phillips Ratcliffe *
    Ng *
    Bagan *
    McGuinness Denham *
    Nelson *
    Wintle Bowen
    * King
    Colwill *
    Davies *
    * Watters Harris Collins

I don't know what the formation will be, and it could be 12-14 players needed if Watters, Harris and Collins are moved on. I'm assuming Connolly and Zimba will be sent on loan again (if they're retained) and the same for Whyte.