+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Average Attendance (League)

Average Attendance (League)

19,767 is the home average this season (21 games as two were under Covid restrictions)

That’s pretty good all things considered isn’t it ?

Re: Average Attendance (League)

Probably more concerning has been the atmosphere rather than the attendance. Hopefully a better playing style next year and performances will be forthcoming to help in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    Probably more concerning has been the atmosphere rather than the attendance. Hopefully a better playing style next year and performances will be forthcoming to help in this regard
    Just like every other club ‘we only sing when we are winning’ when we are at home. It’s all about results and going behind first virtually every week has killed it

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    I think most football supporters care more about their team winning then the style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    19,767 is the home average this season (21 games as two were under Covid restrictions)

That’s pretty good all things considered isn’t it ?
    That might have been the average number of tickets sold, but I doubt that there were more than 15,000 City supporters in the stadium for most games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That might have been the average number of tickets sold, but I doubt that there were more than 15,000 City supporters in the stadium for most games this season.
    That’s true , however, it’s tickets sold that count from a financial perspective. I think in the Premier League they sell away tickets after a minimum amount as sale no return regardless if the away team sells out.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Every club measures attendances that way. Any team in the bottom half will have actual attendances thousands lower than the official ones

Considering the crap that was served up for the best part of the season, I'd say that total is pretty good. But most of those will be season tickets, bought more in hope than expectation, and I would put the 'true' attendance at around 15k per game. Still, they all count. I wonder what the figures will look like, at the end of next season...

Season tickets being so cheap certainly helps. In fairness they are no more expensive than 15 years ago at ninian Park. Inflation doesn't seem to have happened when it comes to season tickets.

If people didn't have season tickets I wonder how many would have paid £25 to watch us this season game by game? Don't think we'd have got 10k. Some would have been closer to 5k.

However every club is in the same position.

Let’s see how many season tickets we sell for next season.

I’m going to say it’ll be at least 2,000 less than last.