+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up

If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up

Mathematically anyway as we would be 3 points above the relegation zone.

I think that is an accurate summarisation of where the club currently is and things not getting any better.

Re: If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

I think that is an accurate summarisation of where the club currently is and things not getting any better.
    We've spent the last 6 games messing around. We'd have been fine.

Whether the last 6 games have been productive is another story, bar some of the young players doing OK. I'm more than a little worried Morison doesn't seem to know what he wants to do.

Re: If it wasn't for the points deductions we'd be going into last game needing something to stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Whether the last 6 games have been productive is another story, bar some of the young players doing OK. I'm more than a little worried Morison doesn't seem to know what he wants to do.
    Which of the last 6 games would we have got something from had we not been messing around?

If my auntie was my uncle...

Morison has been looking at who he thinks deserves a contract and where he needs to strengthen next year.

Part one is done, he did what was asked of him avoiding the drop.
    It would have been a different scenario this past few weeks.

agreed, we would have got something from them games, Managers get knocked for not being brave and try different things, which is exactly what Morison has done and people still moan

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    agreed, we would have got something from them games, Managers get knocked for not being brave and try different things, which is exactly what Morison has done and people still moan
    Which players has he been leaving out who would have made such a difference?

The rotation has given him a free pass really as anyone could change the team randomly every game and say you are experimenting. It's not championship manager-as Morison is hopefully learning.

Which of the last 6 games would we have got something from had we not been messing around?
    Hard to say but we were getting points fairly consistently playing 3-5-2. I think we'd have got a few wins, Hull for a start were absolutely terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It's been a complete waste of time, though. We've been dreadful in every game. If we played 4231 or something similar and were clearly working towards something for next season, that's fair enough. It is extremely concerning we don't really have a style of play or any real idea of what formation we're going to play going into next season.

Hard to say but we were getting points fairly consistently playing 3-5-2. I think we'd have got a few wins, Hull for a start were absolutely terrible.
    Under Morrison, City have had runs of six games without a win (or one win in eight), one win in five and now one win in seven. Judging by the way the rest of the season has panned out, I don't believe there is any guarantee that different line-ups or tactics would have brought different results.

When we needed results we went back to direct football and it was successful enough to stay up. Since we've been safe we've been trying to develop a different playing style, the contrast in the possession statistics is there for all to see.
    We definitely wouldn't have been trying these things, or playing the likes of Watters and Denham if we were still in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If my auntie was my uncle...

Morison has been looking at who he thinks deserves a contract and where he needs to strengthen next year.

Part one is done, he did what was asked of him avoiding the drop.
    It would have been a different scenario this past few weeks.
    In essence, the last 6 games have been a trial for players who have been at the club since Morison has been here and who he has seen play on plenty of occasions, and who he sees on a regular basis in training, Apart from the young inexperienced players of course. I would have thought that he'd have made his mind up long before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    When we needed results we went back to direct football and it was successful enough to stay up. Since we've been safe we've been trying to develop a different playing style, the contrast in the possession statistics is there for all to see.
    We definitely wouldn't have been trying these things, or playing the likes of Watters and Denham if we were still in a relegation battle.
    Morison spoke yesterday of his excitement over potential players who had agreed to come to us in principal at the end of May. He seemed very upbeat over the prospect of these players joining us. That's encouraging in terms of his enthusiasm, and it'll be very interesting in what type of player he brings to the club.

I think if all the players out of contract still had, say, a season to run we would have seen a different line up over the last 10 to 12 games. This season is now done and looking forward is the way to go.I'm quite exited to see who's coming in, more so than I can remember for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Morison spoke yesterday of his excitement over potential players who had agreed to come to us in principal at the end of May. He seemed very upbeat over the prospect of these players joining us. That's encouraging in terms of his enthusiasm, and it'll be very interesting in what type of player he brings to the club.
    Yes I can't wait to see who we're bringing in.

A few other clubs in the same boat as well - haven't reading only got a handful of players contracted for next season too?
    I guess there will be a lot of competition for the free agents, so good to make our moves early if we can.

Yes I can't wait to see who we're bringing in.

A few other clubs in the same boat as well - haven't reading only got a handful of players contracted for next season too?
    I guess there will be a lot of competition for the free agents, so good to make our moves early if we can.
    One of the most interesting aspects with this coming window is the fact that we are skint, that hasn't really been the case completely for a while. The recruitment team, morison and his coaching staff are going to have to earn their money in my opinion. It will be interesting and exciting to see how it pans out and if we do go down the road of developing players already at first team level with obvious flaws, but potential, to see how morison and his staff can make them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    One of the most interesting aspects with this coming window is the fact that we are skint, that hasn't really been the case completely for a while. The recruitment team, morison and his coaching staff are going to have to earn their money in my opinion. It will be interesting and exciting to see how it pans out and if we do go down the road of developing players already at first team level with obvious flaws, but potential, to see how morison and his staff can make them better.
    Yep its the first time we've been skint in a LONG time

We've had premier league money in one way or another in every season since 12/13 and then we were in the first flushes of Tan's investment as well.
    It's been a decade of not being skint.

We've had premier league money in one way or another in every season since 12/13 and then we were in the first flushes of Tan's investment as well.
    The good thing is that almost all of the high earners are on their way out so we do have a bit more flexibility. If we still had Bacuna etc, we'd lose a lot of wiggle room as he's probably on 2/3 players wages.

Didn’t really get us that far did it….

It's been a complete waste of time, though. We've been dreadful in every game. If we played 4231 or something similar and were clearly working towards something for next season, that's fair enough. It is extremely concerning we don't really have a style of play or any real idea of what formation we're going to play going into next season.
    We also don't have 10 to 15 players that we will have next season. Depending on how the transfer window goes in the summer we may have to wait awhile to know formations and styles for next season.

The good thing is that almost all of the high earners are on their way out so we do have a bit more flexibility. If we still had Bacuna etc, we'd lose a lot of wiggle room as he's probably on 2/3 players wages.
    I am positive Bacuna is with us for another season. I keep hearing fans say his contract is up in Jube. But he is here until the end of next season. Copy and pasted from Wiki: On 31 January 2019, Bacuna moved to Premier League side Cardiff City, signing a four-and-a-half year deal for a transfer fee believed to be around £3 million.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    I am positive Bacuna is with us for another season. I keep hearing fans say his contract is up in Jube. But he is here until the end of next season. Copy and pasted from Wiki: On 31 January 2019, Bacuna moved to Premier League side Cardiff City, signing a four-and-a-half year deal for a transfer fee believed to be around £3 million.
    Spedger
    It’s been reported on walesonline he’s out of contract several times. Not saying they are right but they haven’t corrected themselves either.

Spedger
    Something weird is up with that, all the websites had his contract down as an additional year as wel, then a couple of months into the season there was a story on wales online saying that he'd be leaving as well.
    I wonder if it was an option for a 4th year that the club have decided not to take up

Maybe it'll be announced as a mutual consent thing when the time is right.

I think someone is posting the same topic on the other side.Have we got a spy in the house.
    https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/v...p?f=2&t=227428

Spedger
    I’m certain he’s off.

He even put up an instagram saying to the next chapter or something like that