+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Everton 1-0 Chelsea

The fix is in.

Re: Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The fix is in.
    Yes. Would be mighty pissed off if I was a Burnley or Dirty's fan the way Chelsea rolled over. Timo Werner up front

Yes. Ownerless and sanctioned Chelsea, currently in a fight for a Champions League spot, deliberately lost to keep Everton in the Premier League

The fix is in.
    I take it you didn’t see the game. It took a heroic defensive display from Everton ,and a magnificent display from their goalkeeper to keep Chelsea out.

Looking at the rest of the fixtures if I was a Weeds fan I'd be worried ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    I take it you didn’t see the game. It took a heroic defensive display from Everton ,and a magnificent display from their goalkeeper to keep Chelsea out.
    I watched the game from the 50th minute. Have to say Chelsea looked nothing like Champions League winners. Reece James must have hit 9 or 10 attempted crosses straight at the Everton defender. They seemed to play the game at 3/4 speed. I'd be really annoyed if I were a Burnley or Leeds fan watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I watched the game from the 50th minute. Have to say Chelsea looked nothing like Champions League winners.
    They’ve looked nothing like Champions League winners for a couple of months. That’s why they’re so far adrift of the top two, were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid and were beaten 4-1 by Brentford and 4-2 by Arsenal recently.

why on earth would chelsea want to keep everton up!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    They’ve looked nothing like Champions League winners for a couple of months. That’s why they’re so far adrift of the top two, were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid and were beaten 4-1 by Brentford and 4-2 by Arsenal recently.
    They seemed to have tapered off after the Lukaku incident and have been inconsistent ever since, so it could be that, the new manager bounce came to an end, or key players were thinking about their next move.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looking at the rest of the fixtures if I was a Weeds fan I'd be worried ?
    Man City and Liverpool are teams you don't want but apart from them everyone else in the league you would fancy a crack at in a must win game. And Leeds don't have man City or Liverpool so it's not too bad.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    why on earth would chelsea want to keep everton up!

More food for the conspiracy brigade

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    More food for the conspiracy brigade
    i'll get my tin hat

One nil down, £100m player on the bench and you leave him there when you need. A goal ? No urgency to get back in the game when conceding. Everton offered nothing, and Chelsea made them look like Brazil in the 70’s. They also made Lampard looking like Sir Alex Ferguson at his peak. They ought to be fined for not turning up, just like United and Leicester didn’t recently on their visits to Goodison.

maybe Putin had a word!

I can't stand Chelsea.

I want Everton to come down as it will be a wonderful fixture for the teams in the championship next season, but oh how I loathe Chelsea. Burning money in the 80's in front of us during the miners strike, Gawd save the queen, their union jacks, London arrogance and the highest amount of brexit voters in the country. Horrible, horrible club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    One nil down, £100m player on the bench and you leave him there when you need. A goal ? No urgency to get back in the game when conceding. Everton offered nothing, and Chelsea made them look like Brazil in the 70’s. They also made Lampard looking like Sir Alex Ferguson at his peak. They ought to be fined for not turning up, just like United and Leicester didn’t recently on their visits to Goodison.
    I agree they didn't turn up but I just think as soon as there was some adversity at the club the players realise its a horrible soulless club and just switch off and don't care.

The fix is in.
    Wasn't a fix at all. Pickford had a 'blinder' of a game. I felt quite dizzy, ill and sick wanting Chelsea to win though

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I want Everton to come down as it will be a wonderful fixture for the teams in the championship next season, but oh how I loathe Chelsea. Burning money in the 80's in front of us during the miners strike, Gawd save the queen, their union jacks, London arrogance and the highest amount of brexit voters in the country. Horrible, horrible club.
    Where did you pluck these beauties from?

As regards the Brexit referendum, Kensington and Chelsea voted 68.7% to remain in the EU, while Hammersmith and Fulham was 70% in favour of remain.

As regards the Brexit referendum, Kensington and Chelsea voted 68.7% to remain in the EU, while Hammersmith and Fulham was 70% in favour of remain.
    Can't you remember Chelsea fans burning money in front of city fans, and in fact other clubs with mining communities, during the miners strike?

I remember seeing an article about Brexit in 2016 and Chelsea fans seemed to have the highest number of people wanting to leave the EU than other clubs.

But My own prejudices may have also influenced my interpretation.

🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Can't you remember Chelsea fans burning money in front of city fans, and in fact other clubs with mining communities, during the miners strike?
    No. I have a feeling you may have dreamed it.

No. I have a feeling you may have dreamed it.
    Which is possibly a more worrying scenario!

International

As regards the Brexit referendum, Kensington and Chelsea voted 68.7% to remain in the EU, while Hammersmith and Fulham, which is where Chelsea football club is, was 70% in favour of remain.
    Just saying!