+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfers

Transfers

Just noticed on the BBC sports site that transfer are being announced - not just emergency loans but from club to club? Didn't realise this could happen so is it possible for us to sign and announce players now?

Re: Transfers

Any out of contract players can be signed at anytime. I think aswell that under Bosman, pre-contracts can be signed in the last 6 months of a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Any out of contract players can be signed at anytime. I think aswell that under Bosman, pre-contracts can be signed in the last 6 months of a contract.
    Thanks - knew about out of contracts and pre contracts but didn't realise the latter could be announced as seems to be the case on the BBC site - every days a school day 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Just noticed on the BBC sports site that transfer are being announced - not just emergency loans but from club to club?
    The only transfers listed on the BBC site since the middle of March are unattached players who have joined new clubs, one emergency goalkeeper loan and two loan deals that are being made permanent at the end of the season.

The two loans being made permanent threw me as being made permanent now but that's helpful. Cheers

The two loans being made permanent threw me as being made permanent now but that's helpful. Cheers
    The West Brom transfer is quite funny. Apparently, Steve Bruce isn’t keen to keep the player permanently but an appearance clause written into his loan deal has been triggered, so Albion have no choice.

I might be wrong here, but I have a feeling that any loans can be made permanent outside of the transfer windows. Not 100% on that, but it rings a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The West Brom transfer is quite funny. Apparently, Steve Bruce isn’t keen to keep the player permanently but an appearance clause written into his loan deal has been triggered, so Albion have no choice.

I might be wrong here, but I have a feeling that any loans can be made permanent outside of the transfer windows. Not 100% on that, but it rings a bell.
    That sounds a ridiculous clause for a club to write in/agree to themselves but it maybe that Bruce won't be there anyway by next season and the next manager won't mind

That sounds a ridiculous clause for a club to write in/agree to themselves but it maybe that Bruce won't be there anyway by next season and the next manager won't mind
    It was a season-long loan, so Bruce wasn’t the manager when the deal was struck. The player concerned made his first appearance for West Brom as a sub in their 4-0 victory over City. Hugill was up front for the Baggies in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Chelsea were allowed to sign Kovacic permanently when he was on loan, as he was already registered to Chelsea. I think the transfer window must be more of a registration window so I guess loans to permanent deals may happen at any time?