+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Devils

Well done Devils

Finished a spluttering season on a high
    Well done

Re: Well done Devils

Brilliant finish to the season.Why does ice hockey get so little media coverage? I waited in vain for a comment on bbc Wales news tonight. It is the most watched indoor sport by a country mile in the UK.
    I have been asking this question for 30+years now and am no nearer to an answer than i was then.

It is the most watched indoor sport by a country mile in the UK.

have you got stats for that ?

i thought it would be something like swimming or netball

EIHL average around 1.2Million in total, across all comps. Sheffield alone get 200k

Netball super league around 200k in total. Can’t see swimming getting near that.

I agree with Dobbo I think it’s Ice Hockey by a long way,

Dart, Cycling, Snooker, Boxing, Basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Finished a spluttering season on a high
    Well done
    Third in the league, runners up in the Challenge Cup, won the play offs and stopped Giants getting the treble. Some great league wins....and some dire losses. Playing European teams was an eye opener. Hopefully, with stable management, onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Brilliant finish to the season.Why does ice hockey get so little media coverage? I waited in vain for a comment on bbc Wales news tonight. It is the most watched indoor sport by a country mile in the UK.
    I have been asking this question for 30+years now and am no nearer to an answer than i was then.
    In terms of live matches, face off times tend to be prime time tv so can't compete with Saturday night game shows and the like. Like tennis, to a certain extent, hockey matches (with all the various breaks) don't have an easy to work out finish time. Makes it harder for live TV scheduling although Freesports have been giving it a go. Plus there isn't much allure when so few teams are based in England and tend to come and go as franchises are set up, run for a few seasons and then collapse. I do think there is a gap in the market for a free to air highlights show though.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    In terms of live matches, face off times tend to be prime time tv so can't compete with Saturday night game shows and the like. Like tennis, to a certain extent, hockey matches (with all the various breaks) don't have an easy to work out finish time. Makes it harder for live TV scheduling although Freesports have been giving it a go. Plus there isn't much allure when so few teams are based in England and tend to come and go as franchises are set up, run for a few seasons and then collapse. I do think there is a gap in the market for a free to air highlights show though.
    Love watching the devil's. Everyone I have taken loves it also. However I'm not sure how much of a TV sport it is to be honest.

Attendances we’re down due to 40’/. Increase in ticket prices with no reductions for seniors etc. Stinks of greed.
    After squeezing home against the Flames in the semi , you can’t argue with the winning scoreline.