+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man u walk out on 73 mins-damp squid

Re: Man u walk out on 73 mins-damp squid

I wish that I could of thought up some of these corkers! I would of been very pleased with myself.
    There’s somethink for everyone here.

It would have been more than three but for some great reactionary saves by the Brentford keeper.

On a more serious note, it seems that members of the Lingard family aren’t happy about Jesse not getting any game time in his final match at Old Trafford as a Man United player.

There was also a commentator on Channel 5 once who reeled off about ten quality midfielders available to Liverpool for the coming season and said other clubs must be so jealous of Liverpool’s dearth of midfield talent.

Are squids damp or just wet ??

I loved the ones in green and yellow with banners still there at the end , useless .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Are squids damp or just wet ??

I loved the ones in green and yellow with banners still there at the end , useless .
    I'm on tender hooks.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That would have been a sticky end, but then again it might have sealed it
    Difficult to gloss over if they hadn't won.

Did Sir Phallics come last night?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It would have been more than three but for some great reactionary saves by the Brentford keeper.

On a more serious note, it seems that members of the Lingard family aren’t happy about Jesse not getting any game time in his final match at Old Trafford as a Man United player.
    I really do not understand why Lingard didn't stay at Wist Em and instead chose to fight for his place at MU.
    He was never going to be a regular such is MU's depth of talent, especially as those that could not get a regular start eg Donny van de Beek, would be in front of him to keep their value up.

They loved him there and he was on fire, could do no wrong and would have been in a more successfulteam

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm on tender hooks.
    Can you be more pacific?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    'Scapegoat' actually meant 'escapegoat', etymologically speaking, old fruit.
    Just looked up the Etymology for Etymology.

I'm sure that you are aware that Etymon means "origin of a word" in Latin, and comes from the Greek word etymon, meaning "literal meaning of a word according to its origin." Greek etymon in turn comes from etymos, which means "true."

Courtesy of Marion Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just looked up the Etymology for Etymology.

I'm sure that you are aware that Etymon means "origin of a word" in Latin, and comes from the Greek word etymon, meaning "literal meaning of a word according to its origin." Greek etymon in turn comes from etymos, which means "true."

Courtesy of Marion Webster
    Have you looked up the etymology for entomology?

It's funny how their protests are proportionate to the football clubs success.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Have you looked up the etymology for entomology?
    I did.
    People who can't tell the difference between entomology and etymology bug me 😀