+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Snowgate?

Another Snowgate?

The EFL Board meeting on Thursday has been called solely to discuss the Derby situation.

After months of discussion and so many parties involved, it does appear, one way of another, we are reaching the end game.

American businessman Chris Kirchner pulled no punches in a public Facebook Live discussion last night.

"The club runs out of money on Saturday," he said. "It is not a date in the future, it is Saturday."

Kirchner believes his proposals will be signed off by the EFL this week to avoid calamity.

Derby has been in administration since September and has already been relegated to League One.

Re: Another Snowgate?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    The EFL Board meeting on Thursday has been called solely to discuss the Derby situation.

After months of discussion and so many parties involved, it does appear, one way of another, we are reaching the end game.

American businessman Chris Kirchner pulled no punches in a public Facebook Live discussion last night.

"The club runs out of money on Saturday," he said. "It is not a date in the future, it is Saturday."

Kirchner believes his proposals will be signed off by the EFL this week to avoid calamity.

Derby has been in administration since September and has already been relegated to League One.
    A date in the future then.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    A date in the future then.
    A date in the future future, not the present future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A date in the future future, not the present future.

If Saturday is not in the future, any possibility you could give me the horse racing results please

"Club runs out of money on Saturday".....which happens to coincide nicely with the end of the season but maybe not players' contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    "Club runs out of money on Saturday".....which happens to coincide nicely with the end of the season but maybe not players' contracts.
    I wonder if players can force an exit on a free if they don't get paid beyond saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if players can force an exit on a free if they don't get paid beyond saturday
    If the club goes into liquidation then I would think they would have a claim on assets for unpaid wages.
    That said...last time I went to Derby it was the fans forcing an exit. Stewards didn't know the stadium was "on fire" and wouldn't let us out at first.

No news re EFL/Derby? Another fudge to keep Derby in business at a guess. At least until the future.

They’ll still give us a hiding.

Anyone taking this Derby thing seriously? I haven't all season as just assumed they'd be kept alive and saved and that seems to be the case. Doesn't this story happen pretty much every week?

I'm thinking there will be a big "I've saved our club" announcement tomorrow from the new owner and all will be well for the Rams. Only to find more issues, such as stadium ownership, down the line. Think Coventry. Ground share with Burton Albion?

I'm thinking there will be a big "I've saved our club" announcement tomorrow from the new owner and all will be well for the Rams. Only to find more issues, such as stadium ownership, down the line. Think Coventry. Ground share with Burton Albion?
    Leicester and Stoke are the two ground share options being considered. If the money runs out today (and not in the future), groundshare is the only option available to the Rams following the dodgy sale of their stadium. And still they cant sell STs.

Leicester and Stoke are the two ground share options being considered. If the money runs out today (and not in the future), groundshare is the only option available to the Rams following the dodgy sale of their stadium. And still they cant sell STs.
    Whatever one may think of Derby, their owners, players, management, fans, you have to say that this is bad for football in general.

Let's hope they find a ground sharing solution.