+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I don't disagree with you.
    Glad we got there. Windfall tax to sort it out short term and larger taxation to sort out long term.

I'm willing to bet that we'll get neither and just some more shrugging from our masters who tell us there's nothing they can do.

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Glad we got there. Windfall tax to sort it out short term and larger taxation to sort out long term.

I'm willing to bet that we'll get neither and just some more shrugging from our masters who tell us there's nothing they can do.
    They have 'limited' the price cap and provided £150 to lower income homes, so that isn't nothing but I take your point.

The reality is until the market stabilises there probably is little they can do. Unfortunately wars do cause things like this.

Like I said, I'm open to the idea of a windfall tax, I can just recognise the issue comes with pros and cons, especially when considering things in the long term.

Short term decisions aren't always the best - look at Germanys short termism on nuclear. The result has been high prices and funding a despots war.

Thankfully UK gas wholesale prices are the lowest since september, which is better news.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/uk-natural-gas