+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Definitely New Balance next season

Definitely New Balance next season

There was an instrgram video announcing it for July

Re: Definitely New Balance next season

Is that Bluebird design a hint as to the shirt material?

that blew my mind

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is that Bluebird design a hint as to the shirt material?
    I hope so!

This isn’t a criticism or a complaint, but when did the annual kit change become a thing? I’ve a vague recollection of wolves having the same shirt for 5 years in the 1990s. I think we’ve had a new shirt every season that I can remember (as far back as the late 1980s). Were wolves the exception? Did all teams change their kit every season for decades?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    This isn’t a criticism or a complaint, but when did the annual kit change become a thing? I’ve a vague recollection of wolves having the same shirt for 5 years in the 1990s. I think we’ve had a new shirt every season that I can remember (as far back as the late 1980s). Were wolves the exception? Did all teams change their kit every season for decades?
    I guess this started at around the same time the clubs realised that there was a demand to buy replica kits. Also the arrival of ways to manufacture them quickly and cheaply, in large numbers. Since then, they've milked it as a cash cow. Every cub now changes at least one of it's shirts each season. And we can hardly blame them, because it's us buying them that keeps the whole thing going. If they didn't sell, they wouldn't bother making them.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I guess this started at around the same time the clubs realised that there was a demand to buy replica kits. Also the arrival of ways to manufacture them quickly and cheaply, in large numbers. Since then, they've milked it as a cash cow. Every cub now changes at least one of it's shirts each season. And we can hardly blame them, because it's us buying them that keeps the whole thing going. If they didn't sell, they wouldn't bother making them.
    Oh I agree with all of that. Just wondering when it became standard practice. When did we last use the same shirt for more than a season for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Oh I agree with all of that. Just wondering when it became standard practice. When did we last use the same shirt for more than a season for example?
    http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Card...rdiff_City.htm