+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham Points Total

Fulham Points Total

Nobody can deny that Fulham are a fine side but interestingly, if they lose their last game away to Sheffield United (a possibility) they will only have accrued the same number of points (90) as we did when we finished runners up to Wolves.

Re: Fulham Points Total

Yeah, they've dropped off a lot since the league's been pretty much wrapped up - well until the Luton game anyway

They’ve not been under pressure, just been coasting. I’m sure they would have smashed th 100 point barrier if they needed to. Their goal difference is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They’ve not been under pressure, just been coasting. I’m sure they would have smashed th 100 point barrier if they needed to. Their goal difference is insane.
    Yep, in our promotion season we'd scored 69 and conceded 39
    So far this season Fulham have also conceded 39, but scored 106!

Fulham are one of the best sides ever at this level. Reading and Newcastle still the top 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Nobody can deny that Fulham are a fine side but interestingly, if they lose their last game away to Sheffield United (a possibility) they will only have accrued the same number of points (90) as we did when we finished runners up to Wolves.
    Stands to confirm how good a season we did actually have - also by the same merit I think we could have pushed for the win in that final game if we absolutely had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yep, in our promotion season we'd scored 69 and conceded 39
    So far this season Fulham have also conceded 39, but scored 106!
    Take away Mitrovic's goals and we've outscored them !

In 2017/18, City's biggest win was a 4-0 victory over Sunderland at the CCS. Warnock's men also beat Leeds 4-1 and Villa 3-0. Apart from those three wins, the biggest margin of victory in any other league game was two goals.

The Bluebirds' top scorer as they won promotion was Callum Paterson, who netted 10 goals.

This season, Fulham have won 7-0 three times, 6-2 twice, 5-1 twice, 4-0, 4-1 three times and 3-0 four times.

Their top scorer is Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has 43 goals so far.

City's achievement in gaining promotion in 2017 was incredible under the circumstances, but Fulham have just been on a different level altogether this season in what is admittedly a very poor Championship.

Oddly enough, Marco Silva's side started the 2021/22 campaign with a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage. Harry Wilson scored their goal. Fulham's opponents that day were Neil Warnock's Middlesbrough!

Mitrovic has 7 times as many goals as our top scorer. 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Fulham are one of the best sides ever at this level. Reading and Newcastle still the top 2 though.
    Very much so. Fulham have lost nine this season. We lost our opening game in 2005/06 then just once more in the entire season.

Take away Mitrovic's goals and we've outscored them !
    If we took away all their player we might have a chance at beating them

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wonder if they will manage to stay up this time? So many of their players don’t seem to be able to make the jump

And so the Fulham ‘love in’ starts again. If some people on this board put half as much effort into supporting their own team (Cardiff City by the way, for those who are not quite sure who their own team might be any more) rather than teams like Fulham, Norwich and Swansea then the club and this board would be a much more pleasant, optimistic place and the team might actually get the impression that the fans are behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wonder if they will manage to stay up this time? So many of their players don’t seem to be able to make the jump
    They don't get given the chance! I'm pretty sure they will this time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And so the Fulham ‘love in’ starts again. If some people on this board put half as much effort into supporting their own team (Cardiff City by the way, for those who are not quite sure who their own team might be any more) rather than teams like Fulham, Norwich and Swansea then the club and this board would be a much more pleasant, optimistic place and the team might actually get the impression that the fans are behind them.
    Fulham have scored 57 more goals than we have and have scored 40 more points. I think it is quite clear they're an exceptional side and we are dreadful. For the first time in 14 seasons, we're going to finish below Bristol City.

If the club took on board the good things that other clubs do, we might be more successful. I also don't much like Fulham, especially after they "deserved" promotion in 2018 and we were an after thought. It really wound me up. This time, they've absolutely walked it.

I don't see any Fulham "love-in" going on, just an acknowledgement that they have a good team. In fact my original post states that regardless how good Fulham are, our team (Cardiff City by the way) accrued 90 points while finishing runners up a few years back. I for one am quietly optimistic for next season and I know I'm not alone on that score.

If you think this board is an unpleasant place, you should pay a visit to Stoke's occasionally. We are like pussy cats compared to their fans. It might make you realise that this board is not so bad after all.

Let's see where Fulham are in a year's time - in the last three of their seasons in the Premier League, it's either been relegated already or on the brink of being relegated.

As things stand, the top two in last season's Championship are going to be relegated with a lot fewer points that we managed in both of our Premier League seasons and, although I think Fulham were a better side last time they were in the Premier League than they were in 18/19 with us, I still reckon there's a good chance that they and Bournemouth will come straight back down - as the only two sides in the Championship who spent at pre Covid levels, they were always best placed to go up automatically.

If the owners recognised that all the clubs you mentioned are better run, better managed and have better players than we do, this board and the club would a lot better place. And the fans would be "behind the team". This might come as news to you, but not everyone likes failure.

Spot on

Feck Fulham.