+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Says it all........

Says it all........

when little towns like Brighton and Bournemouth get PL football and we continue to under deliver.

our business and football model is clearly crap!

Re: Says it all........

You know that little town called Brighton - its a city of nearly 300k people

On the other hand there are probably at least 10 or so clubs bigger than us not in the Premier league either.

& little old Bournemouth/Poole is over 1/2 million.

seeing KM score rubbed it in and this game emphasised that a decent manager is essential

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    You know that little town called Brighton - its a city of nearly 300k people
    but our business model is still crap regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    seeing KM score rubbed it in and this game emphasised that a decent manager is essential
    Scott Parker is not a decent manager - fortune spent at Fulham and he got them relegated fortune spent at muff and got them promoted - I would guess they will be relegated next year

Not comparing like with like in my humble opinion

great for Wales that KM is back scoring and will feel a bit confident

If only football was decided on populations we’d be a Premier League team.... says it all really....

Rubbed what in ? He wanted to leave and we will have got £5m for him with the promotion bonus we will get (not my figure - as reported by Sky at the end of the match tonight). We have got a decent manager as well, so stop moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    If only football was decided on populations we’d be a Premier League team.... says it all really....
    Not sure that’s even true

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Rubbed what in ? He wanted to leave and we will have got £5m for him with the promotion bonus we will get (not my figure - as reported by Sky at the end of the match tonight). We have got a decent manager as well, so stop moaning.
    As you well know I am not a fan of Steve Morison. What do you see are his attributes to us moving forwards and towards the play offs next season (which surely has to be our aim). I'd be interested to know that's all. I won't have a pop, as we all have differing views on our club, the players, management, the way it's run etc etc. I'm just interested, that's all

when little towns like Brighton and Bournemouth get PL football and we continue to under deliver.

Logic indicates Bournemouth have beneftted from cheating FFP to get into the Prem in the first instance; Logic queries why they haven't been sanctioned given they have a Russian owner.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic indicates Bournemouth have beneftted from cheating FFP to get into the Prem in the first instance; Logic queries why they haven't been sanctioned given they have a Russian owner.
    logic should try using google

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17743...-invasion-war/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    As you well know I am not a fan of Steve Morison. What do you see are his attributes to us moving forwards and towards the play offs next season (which surely has to be our aim). I'd be interested to know that's all. I won't have a pop, as we all have differing views on our club, the players, management, the way it's run etc etc. I'm just interested, that's all
    He’s young, he’s British, he played the game in this country at quite a high level in the recent past and has proved his coaching ability with our young players already in the U23’s. He deserves his chance, having been given the job of keeping us in the division and succeeding at it, whilst showing the ability to recognise and bring in young hungry players of ability from Premier League and Championship clubs, that we never knew existed before. Every manager has to start somewhere. He has done nothing to deserve the barrage of criticism from some people on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Not sure that’s even true
    probably depends how you split up London and the south east, and take into account the wider "catchment areas" of different sides, but I could well imagine it not being true

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    I think he covered his tracks a lot better than other have done.

And now the subject of discussion on the other board as someone has cut and pasted it 😂😂

Hi Ninian27

It's great to see so called little clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley upsetting the big boys . The sad fact is Cardiff City are not even in that group. Of course population is no divine right for having a decent football side but let's be honest we are totally crap considering the population we have here .

Sheffield Wednesday , Leeds Sunderland , Stoke etc have had seasons in the abyss but we make a career out of it . We are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great to see so called little clubs like Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley upsetting the big boys . The sad fact is Cardiff City are not even in that group. Of course population is no divine right for having a decent football side but let's be honest we are totally crap considering the population we have here .

Sheffield Wednesday , Leeds Sunderland , Stoke etc have had seasons in the abyss but we make a career out of it . We are crap.
    I agree, it's good to see smaller clubs doing well and larger ones less so - it's healthy.

I think there is a case for City being the most underachieving club in the country. Perhaps alongside Bristol City, Hull City, Plymouth, Hearts, Hibs, maybe the south London clubs?

Certainly given our size, 1 FA Cup is a pretty poor return.

is mid table championship the abyss for us?

Sheff Wed and Sunderland are currently in an even bigger ‘abyss’ than we are then and Stoke have been stuck in the same division as us now for years, partly while we have enjoyed visits to the Premier League. They therefore must be considerably crapper than us. Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield United have all visited League One whilst we have been making a decent fist of competing in the Championship. With all that our club has achieved in the last 19 years of continuous involvement in the Championship or above, including our visits to Wembley in two cup finals and a play off final, to even suggest that we are crap and in an ‘abyss’ is just totally ridiculous.

Sheff Wed and Sunderland are currently in an even bigger ‘abyss’ than we are then and Stoke have been stuck in the same division as us now for years, partly while we have enjoyed visits to the Premier League. They therefore must be considerably crapper than us. Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield United have all visited League One whilst we have been making a decent fist of competing in the Championship. With all that our club has achieved in the last 19 years of continuous involvement in the Championship or above, including our visits to Wembley in two cup finals and a play off final, to even suggest that we are crap and in an ‘abyss’ is just totally ridiculous.
    I admire your style but we are basically crap .

Sheffield Weds , Sunderland etc get relegated but they won't be down for long . The last time we got relegated from the second division we slipped right back and left it for 17 years .

I can't see Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday staying down there for long , can you ?

He’s young, he’s British, he played the game in this country at quite a high level in the recent past and has proved his coaching ability with our young players already in the U23’s. He deserves his chance, having been given the job of keeping us in the division and succeeding at it, whilst showing the ability to recognise and bring in young hungry players of ability from Premier League and Championship clubs, that we never knew existed before. Every manager has to start somewhere. He has done nothing to deserve the barrage of criticism from some people on this board.
    I hope you are right and that he comes good for next season. Only time will tell