+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK Nearly The Obese In Europe ( the cost the NHS ?? _

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UK Nearly The Obese In Europe ( the cost the NHS ?? _

How anyone can think takeaways and prossessed foods are cheaper eating and better lifestyle is beyond me ..

Thinks like fruit , vegetables, eggs , baked beans ,pasta , bread, milk, breakfast wheat based cereals , rice , soups , are relatively cheap to buy and certainly cheaper than takeaways , shop in Aldi , Lidl or Asda you will get the above commodities fir under a pound each item for most things.

A lot of this is about poor choices , education and yes laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How anyone can think takeaways and prossessed foods are cheaper eating and better lifestyle is beyond me ..

Thinks like fruit , vegetables, eggs , baked beans ,pasta , bread, milk, breakfast wheat based cereals , rice , soups , are relatively cheap to buy and certainly cheaper than takeaways , shop in Aldi , Lidl or Asda you will get the above commodities fir under a pound each item for most things.

I actually like cooking. Made a cottage pie yesterday, mince, potatoes, celery, carrots, onions bit of red wine, stock, probably about £4 in total but enough to feed 8 !! Having food delivered on the back of a moped or bicycle through cold, rainy streets in horrible plastic containers, from a warehouse where it's been unfrozen or batched -up, is food hell to me. Bu obviously food heaven to others !!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Poor Choices, yes of course
    Education, not sure I buy this, its hardly a secret that home cooked healthy food is healthier ( its in the title ) no-one can say they dont know that
    Laziness, Bingo, we have the reason

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Poor Choices, yes of course
    Education, not sure I buy this, its hardly a secret that home cooked healthy food is healthier ( its in the title ) no-one can say they dont know that
    Laziness, Bingo, we have the reason
    also not everyone can prepare and cook food