Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

The average 'full time' GP works 3.5 days a week. I called mine the other day to make an appointment I was informed that I was 49th in the queue. This sort of thing is rubbish, same with waiting hours for an ambulance etc. And sadly Wales is the worst in the UK for waiting lists

ive spent the week cleaning 3 local " medical centres " ( they are the same group ) the " mothership / HQ " is massive, its taken over from the local hospital, they do a lot of medical research in this place, the reception is always empty with maybe 2 or 3 sat waiting ( in a massive space that would normally sit 20 - 30 people pre C19 times ), 3 of the consultation rooms were used by doctors to see patients face to face in one wing ( rest of the rooms empty ), the other wing has 18 rooms, everyone had a doctor in them, all doing phone appointments, I had a few chats with the doctors ( 2 went and got me a coffee as a excuse to have a break ), I always asked what they thought of this " phone appointment system " 90% hated it, maybe 1/2 blamed management for them being in this situation