+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Google Pay etc

Google Pay etc

Do you just pay with your debit or credit cards on your phone or do you use Google pay or apple depending on your device?

Re: Google Pay etc

Nobody answer, it could be a scam.

Bit seriously, I use PayPal pal.
    Dunno why but I'm a bit suspicious of all these other ways of transferring money

Just leave cash on the bedside table.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just leave cash on the bedside table.
    thanks for that, I'll drop your change around later

95% Apple Pay now, I leave 1 bank card in the back of my phone incase ( you know, with that fiver, just incase of emergencies )

most of the car park machines are now app based around here ( all different apps I might add ) and thats all done via apple pay aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    thanks for that, I'll drop your change around later
    Keep it, you definitely deserve it.

I prefer to use my credit card as opposed to my debit card, for day to day spending but it won't register with Google pay. I'll carry on using my card until it does.

Gpay, works fine for me but be aware technology fails sometimes, so as someone said above, always have a fiver and a card in your back pocket for emergencies.

Generally just pay with my credit card direct. But I do have it linked up to google pay which I can use on my watch which has got me out of trouble before when I've forgotten my physical cards. I don't carry cash and I don't really carry a wallet - just a small metal card holder. Haven't done so for well over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Gpay, works fine for me but be aware technology fails sometimes, so as someone said above, always have a fiver and a card in your back pocket for emergencies.
    This

About two thirds with card, about a third with cash for me.

I don't have any bank details on my phone. I struggle to see the benefit of that as opposed to just taking your card out? Can anyone enlighten me?

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    95% Apple Pay now, I leave 1 bank card in the back of my phone incase ( you know, with that fiver, just incase of emergencies )

most of the car park machines are now app based around here ( all different apps I might add ) and thats all done via apple pay aswell
    Yes i mostly use apple pay through the apple watch so quick so simple, I use it with a Monzo account which bleeps the instant you pay so you can check how much and that the transaction has definitely taken place.

It's even better abroad because you see what you've paid in a second converted from from Dollar, Euro etc, no foreign transaction charges or need to change money you can also withdraw cash overseas from a cashpoint with no charges. The app is the most user friendly banking app, I would definitely recommend, although Starling is supposed to be very good with similar features too

I sometimes use google pay for online shopping from the desk PC, that is also pretty good, I've had no problems with either.

I think the days of cash are numbered possibly ten years or less?

I don't have any bank details on my phone. I struggle to see the benefit of that as opposed to just taking your card out? Can anyone enlighten me?
    I use transferring between accounts, your own and others. Useful (or not!) for topping up the kids at ridiculous hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I use transferring between accounts, your own and others. Useful (or not!) for topping up the kids at ridiculous hours.
    I haven't noticed you topping up my account. Cheers mate

A [true] story. My wife's been looking for a specific dress for a wedding and eventually found an online store who had it in stock. This is a reasonably established legit Company, and we ordered it and entered all the card payment details incl. CVC number. We clicked 'pay' and it then took us to another site asking for payment details again. ! the web address didn't look right so I just logged off. Later kept getting emails from several different 'payment' sites asking to "complete purchase".

Their website had obviously been hacked but virtually impossible to contact them by phone to let them know. I'm not that IT savvy, but I spotted it, though I doubt many would have/

I haven't noticed you topping up my account. Cheers mate

That should have read "ones own"

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes i mostly use apple pay through the apple watch so quick so simple, I use it with a Monzo account which bleeps the instant you pay so you can check how much and that the transaction has definitely taken place.

It's even better abroad because you see what you've paid in a second converted from from Dollar, Euro etc, no foreign transaction charges or need to change money you can also withdraw cash overseas from a cashpoint with no charges. The app is the most user friendly banking app, I would definitely recommend, although Starling is supposed to be very good with similar features too
    I do the same with my Starling account ( which s you said is the same as Monzo )

my whole family use Starling so its easy to ping around money, it also has " saving spaces " which is a pot that you can move money to, but cant spend it without moving it back to your account, works very well to save for things, I have 8 " spaces " and just add to them when I have spare money

I’ve always had a Samsung and found google pay useless and only worked with certain banks.

I’ve recently changed to iPhone for the first time in about 10 years and Apple Pay is so much easier. I’m paying a lot more on my phone now. Not sure it’s much easier than getting a card out but the younger members in work don’t carry a purse/cards at all now.

I get the same vibe

Swish