+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you go abroad much ? Or at all ?

Do you go abroad much ? Or at all ?

Apart from getting up at stupid o'clock to watch city in places like Scarborough or Darlington I have never been much of a traveller .

Few holidays in Spain and Majorca when I was in my youth but usually Butlins Minehead , Tenby and Cornwall.

I hate flying and if I ever go abroad again I will save up for a mini cruise around the med

I would rather ponce around Porthcawl in the summer than naff off to Turkey and fry in the sun 🌞

People say travel the world but there are parts of Bridgend I don't know yet .

Keep it local .

Re: Do you go abroad much ? Or at all ?

Yes every year without fail,love it.

Been to 53 countries abroad so far (excluding transits) some of them many times.

About to add a 54th later this year (Canada).

There are parts of Bridgend I don't know either.

Been to Thailand af ew times and the Philippines...and you know why

I've travelled a fair bit in recent years. Mainly around Europe, but also to Sri Lanka, India and Nepal. I had hoped to do more before I get any older, but Covid put a stop to all that. Maybe in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Yes every year without fail,love it.
    So Mr Fogg , where have you been ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Been to 53 countries abroad so far (excluding transits) some of them many times.

About to add a 54th later this year (Canada).

There are parts of Bridgend I don't know either.
    Hurry up before they demolish the town centre

Been abroad 3 times (by ferry) in 17 years. Would love to travel more but circumstances don't make it possible.

Been totally hooked on travel and have visited around 66 countries. Had trips to a number of countries including Argentina and Kazakhstan cancelled during Lockdown and today marks my re-introduction to foreign travel - and I am now at Bristol Airport in order to visit Gdansk for a few days.
    Tromso in the Arctic Circle follows at the end of the month and Egypt is next month's destination. Thereafter I'll try again to get to Argentina and Kazakhstan.

A cruise really doesn’t appeal to me, not my thing.

Like to go abroad though, pre covid usually twice a year, a third if we could. Now probably once a year.

Have been all over the world, I love travelling. Used to be paid to do it for work, but now I'm retired, still try and keep it up. Always look forward to see where Wales are playing away just to see if there is another interesting place to tick off!

Have driven in every continent if you don't count Antartica! The worst places, ignoring Albania who are a league of their own, are Portugual and Brazil. Must be somthing to do with Brazil being a Portugues colony when they started driving.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Been abroad 3 times (by ferry) in 17 years. Would love to travel more but circumstances don't make it possible.
    I hate flying. My mate has heart failure and cannot get insurance .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hate flying. My mate has heart failure and cannot get insurance .
    I’m not fussed on flying Sludge , however, I’ve got better as I enrolled on a Fear of Flying course , followed by a flight. Perhaps you could try this ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m not fussed on flying Sludge , however, I’ve got better as I enrolled on a Fear of Flying course , followed by a flight. Perhaps you could try this ?
    Apart from the sun I have everything I need

Curry
    Chinese
    Porthcawl Beach
    CCFC
    Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So Mr Fogg , where have you been ?
    Canada,America,China,Australia,Spain,Greece,Denmar k,France,Poland,Turkey,Cypress,Belgium and Bulgaria I think.
    Love Holidays abroad and at home sometimes.

Yes, I absolutely love travelling around Europe in particular - doing so on the trains is something everyone should try and do once.

Big fan in particular of; southern Germany, Austria, Basque Country, Brittany.

Biggest let down - Milan.

I love it and have to make up for lost time after the last two years. Went to Gran Canaria in March, going to Prague on Friday and Mexico in Sept

Aye. I’ve done 10 flights & 8 countries already this year. Long weekend in Stockholm up next. Love flying, love different cultures etc.

Only missing continent is South America, so doing Ecuador / Chile next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yes, I absolutely love travelling around Europe in particular - doing so on the trains is something everyone should try and do once.

I enjoyed Milan, although seeing a 3-2 Milan derby may have helped

It’s good to see the world and see how other cultures live, glad I did most of it whilst I was young and carefree. Never really went on a package holiday, that just isn’t for me. Different with kids though, I don’t think I could spend 3 days on a cheap train ticket across India with my family….
    just think sludge, you will never see an Indian transvestite almost demanding cash off you on a train, it’s quite a sight….

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Just bought an interrail this year for the family, few major cities (6 stops), nothing to far East and if the kids like it next year we'll go off the beaten track a little more.

By the way, after just walking around for half an hour before breakfast I recommend Gdansk very highly. It has a similar 'flavour' to Krakow and Prague but seemingly not yet on the stag/hen party circuit....

I think I've been to 30 countries not including transits, which has dropped off massively in the last decade since having kids , will definitely be doing more once the finances allow

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    By the way, after just walking around for half an hour before breakfast I recommend Gdansk very highly. It has a similar 'flavour' to Krakow and Prague but seemingly not yet on the stag/hen party circuit....
    Attended a conference there a few years back and agree that it's a very nice city. Take a trip to Sopot if you have time, a resort on the Baltic a few miles away with a nice pier.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Attended a conference there a few years back and agree that it's a very nice city. Take a trip to Sopot if you have time, a resort on the Baltic a few miles away with a nice pier.
    I'm just boarding a train to Gdynia for a more earthy experience than sophisticated Gdansk and may stop off at Sopot on the way back. Cheers.