+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man City

Re: Man City

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    A bit of a dilemma for me. I love the manager and their players but intensely dislike the club and their fans. On balance and mostly for Klopp's sake, I hope they win it.
    Me too.
    Any team going to Madrid has to play the team and the referee. It's like the football hierarchy are desperate to push Madrid into the final every year

A bit of a dilemma for me. I love the manager and their players but intensely dislike the club and their fans. On balance and mostly for Klopp's sake, I hope they win it.
    Yeah this is where I stand. For their legacy as a team I hope they win the champions league or the league this year (but not both, certainly not the quadruple!!). For how well they have performed the last 5 seasons they havent really won enough to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Reflecting on the game last night. As good a manager and team Pep and Man City are, for some reason, they seem to play with a British mentality, of being naïve
    Once Madrid got in front, they played all the old tricks in the game to break up play and scupper City’s momentum. City should have been doing the same after 80 mins of normal time.
    They bottled it, but I wouldn't necessarily describe it as being a British thing. Man City are very easy on the eye until things start going against them. I think Liverpool have a stronger mentality, but Real Madrid have shown over the last couple of CL games that they are tops in that department.

On a related note, from what I have seen of Camavinga, the 19-year old is going to be an incredible player for Real Madrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    In U.S. the game was on one of the mainstream channels (rather than a dedicated sports channel) and I'd recorded it with an extra 30 minutes added on should it go to extra time / pens. Of course the recording ended with about 6 minutes of extra time still to play.

Having said that, once Madrid were in front the result was never going to change as City by then had completely 'lost it'.

two things struck me: Man City are world-beaters when they're on song and things going their way; but there's a fragility there that surfaces every now and again. Also, no-one seems to have said much about the penalty but it looked clear to me that the defender got to the ball first and didn't really take the man out. I've only seen it the once so I may be wrong, but with the score as it was and the game so important, I thought it was harsh if not wrong. Anyone see it differently?
    I thought the same..

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah this is where I stand. For their legacy as a team I hope they win the champions league or the league this year (but not both, certainly not the quadruple!!). For how well they have performed the last 5 seasons they havent really won enough to show for it.
    As much as I admire Real Madrid I think they've ridden their luck thus far in the tournament. Some may argue that it is written in the stars for them to win it but I have a hunch that Liverpool will win it quite comfortably and go on to win a treble (Man City to win the league).

As much as I admire Real Madrid I think they've ridden their luck thus far in the tournament. Some may argue that it is written in the stars for them to win it but I have a hunch that Liverpool will win it quite comfortably and go on to win a treble (Man City to win the league).
    Real Madrid are a team in transition. They have a bunch of aging players who are slowly being eased out by the youngsters brought in to replace them. I expect Ancelotti to dip into the top end of the transfer market during the summer, and a new era will be underway.

Seems like one Msn City fan got a result this week… 😳🫣🤣

https://twitter.com/jackhiltonx/stat...HODUPf68jA8thA