+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone On Here Been To Argentina?

Anyone On Here Been To Argentina?

A big bucket lister for me, but being a big lad I'd need to pay for leg room or premium economy. Been looking at flights to Buenes Aries, prices are silly.

Anyone been or planning to go, or anywhere else in South America ?

Re: Anyone On Here Been To Argentina?

Visited Buenos Aires and Mar del Plata in 1994, could have been in Spain apart from the machine gun toting guards outside the shopping malls. Also took in Chile and Brazil, much more of a South American feel in those countries (especially Chile).

I was in Buenos Aires for about a week 10 years ago. Amazing place. Went to see Velez Sarsfield play Banfield for a midweek game with some Argentinian guys I know. I travelled via Madrid, the cost was much cheaper than direct from London. Would love to get to Patagonia.

We travelled around Argentina and Chile in the early 2000s and went to Peru 7 years ago (Lima, Cuzco and walked the Salkantay Trail to Machu Pichu).

Argentina was fantastic - and cheap at the time as the currency had collapsed again. We went from Buenos Aires to Iguazo Falls to the north west to Patagonia and down to the wild south (walked on glaciers) before crossing over to Chile. The highlights were street tango, Welsh tea shops and big skies. No place for vegetarians though - the Argentinian veggie just eats 12 ounce steaks!

I had flights booked to Argentina but Lockdown prevented me from going. Hoping to get there next January though.

Falklands worth a visit to remember the fallen .

Argentina and Japan are the top 2 countries I need to visit when I start going away post kids stuff…..

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Argentina and Japan are the top 2 countries I need to visit when I start going away post kids stuff…..
    Argentina-I stayed mostly in BA but loved the place. It has a pace and energy about it that just pushes you along and the locals certainly know how to enjoy themselves. Historically, a very interesting city albeit with a dark recent past and finding out about the extent of the political abductions and murders was chilling. Not recommended for vegans or people who don’t like red wine.

Japan - I was lucky to have an extended stay for the shared World Cup with Korea. An absolute must visit in my eyes. A real culture shock in just about sense to the point it becomes almost overwhelming. However, there is just something about the place that got to me and I will go back one day. The cities can be overwhelming at times yet the tranquility of the non urban areas stood out for me.