+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Yems, Crawley

John Yems, Crawley

Sorry if already posted, I missed this story until today.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...racial-grounds

And yet people say "all lives matter" and "there is no racism in football". fecks sake.

No wonder players continue to take the knee.

Re: John Yems, Crawley

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

And yet people say "all lives matter" and "there is no racism in football". fecks sake.

The people I know but do not associate with and use the phrase all lives matter are nailed on racists

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The people I know but do not associate with and use the phrase all lives matter are nailed on racists
    Aye, it's a bit of a giveaway.

Aye, it's a bit of a giveaway.
    Sickening behaviour.

I'm sure I heard on the radio that the Assistant Manager is Ashley Young's brother - why would he put up with that

Instead of players containing to take a knee the club should call in the police and perhaps the other players should look themselves in the eye if they have been in an around this , its hard to fathom its is happening in modern sport , buts lets be fair sport just plays at trying to rid it self of racism, racism , drugs ,rape ,fraud ,violence towards women ,bullying and harassment , you can wear as many badges and kneel down it wont stop until the sport in question delivers hard real action .

Here is one for all our rich footballers don't go to Qatar now that is a real gesture

Malky Mackay favourite to replace him as manager.

Football is changing through ( as is society in general ) as the older lot leave the sport so does old outdated prejudices ( not just racism either , I was told a few weeks ago that my girls team ( who had a cup game and that always takes the 10.30 pitch slot ) shouldn't be playing as the boys need the pitch, they are only a girls team )

we are moving forward as a society and so is football, it might not be as quick as we would like, but we are moving in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Football is changing through ( as is society in general ) as the older lot leave the sport so does old outdated prejudices ( not just racism either , I was told a few weeks ago that my girls team ( who had a cup game and that always takes the 10.30 pitch slot ) shouldn't be playing as the boys need the pitch, they are only a girls team )

we are moving forward as a society and so is football, it might not be as quick as we would like, but we are moving in the right direction
    If the allegations are true and it is that at the moment an allegation plus reading the depressing comments on Mahlon Romeo by the Millwall fans then id question that.

Apparently the Crawley fans have been singing we want our Yems back. It will be interesting their reaction this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Only a few days a Cardiff City fan was on social media using racially offensive terms to refer to a Swansea player . So not really moving on .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Instead of players containing to take a knee the club should call in the police and perhaps the other players should look themselves in the eye if they have been in an around this , its hard to fathom its is happening in modern sport , buts lets be fair sport just plays at trying to rid it self of racism, racism , drugs ,rape ,fraud ,violence towards women ,bullying and harassment , you can wear as many badges and kneel down it wont stop until the sport in question delivers hard real action .

Here is one for all our rich footballers don't go to Qatar now that is a real gesture
    I agree that gestures have to be followed up by actions, but let's not criticise the gestures too much. People wear a poppy as a gesture of remembering our fallen heroes. It doesn't bring them back or indeed end wars. Likewise I think taking the knee is a gesture and an activity that players feel they need to to so that we recognise racism exists and that we need to do more. So I am all for it, as long as we see some change.

That so called Cardiff city fan the other week needs to be made an example of.

States on the Crawley website that they have parted ways with Yemm.

I thought the term was parting waves

The opinion that the younger generation aren't as racist as the older brigade is bollocks to be fair