I posted this on another board just now - I did not know the Wandsworth and Westminster results then and, as I mention , it's still early days yet, but I stick by what I said;

"It's still early days, but it seems to me that, at the moment, Labour are being taught the lesson that they cannot just keep on parroting Tory mistakes and scandals and expect voters to automatically fall into their laps - the Tories are losing votes, but they certainly aren't being switched to Labour in any great numbers.

As someone who is to the left politically, I can only name one policy of Labour's at the moment that I'm sure of and feel it would be a vote winner - a windfall tax on oil company profits (a policy shared by other opposition parties).

Labour needs to be more pro active and start telling us what they would do, not just what the the Tories are doing wrong - people may not like the Tories as much as they did, but I don't think they like an opposition that they feel does little else but criticise either.

I'd also say it's high time that Labour swallowed its pride and started talking to other opposition parties about things like electoral pacts as well as rethinking its views on proportional representation."