+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who'd have imagined it?

Who'd have imagined it?

Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday meeting in the third tier play offs tonight. That's a game I'll definitely be watching even though I've not bothered with some of the Euro Semi Finals this week - I love the play offs.

Re: Who'd have imagined it?

I'm with you there Bob, Euro semi finals don't mean anything at all to me. Love the play-offs. Good win for Wycombe last night. Hope they go up out of the 4 teams in the play-offs in league 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you there Bob, Euro semi finals don't mean anything at all to me. Love the play-offs. Good win for Wycombe last night. Hope they go up out of the 4 teams in the play-offs in league 1
    Yes, I wasn't expecting that result last night, I'd like Wycombe to come back up because they shouldn't have been relegated in the first place.

Anyone to get promotion instead of that false club Milton Dons.

Shouldn’t be anywhere near the football league, horrible club

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday meeting in the third tier play offs tonight. That's a game I'll definitely be watching even though I've not bothered with some of the Euro Semi Finals this week - I love the play offs.
    I too enjoy the playoffs.
    The exception being when we are involved!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I too enjoy the playoffs.
    The exception being when we are involved!

I switched Sky Sports off just under a year ago as for me not getting value. No real interest in the PL. Boxing all the best on PPV , Test cricket also elsewhere.

However the play offs I do miss.

I absolutely love the play offs and try and watch every match.

It’s the jeopardy that makes it so exciting.
    Losing in a cup competition is one thing but all it means is you haven’t won said cup that year. But losing in the play offs means your entire season has been for nothing, and you have an entire season again to try and put it right. Obviously some teams may just be happy to be there but most teams are desperate for that promotion.

Im not sure if I miss Dave Jones saying we dust ourselves down and go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im not sure if I miss Dave Jones saying we dust ourselves down and go again.
    I do.

When I was watching Ben Stokes’ innings, the Sunderland supporting Durham commentator said they were expecting between 40/45 k there tonight - he said he’d become used to Sunderland being in the third tier and had no great expectations about them going up this time.

1 nil Sunderland. Awful defending by SW 20 seconds before half time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When I was watching Ben Stokes’ innings, the Sunderland supporting Durham commentator said they were expecting between 40/45 k there tonight - he said he’d become used to Sunderland being in the third tier and had no great expectations about them going up this time.
    Sunderland are a huge club in terms of their support

I've a soft spot for Sunderland.
    Hope they go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I've a soft spot for Sunderland.
    Hope they go up.
    I admire those Sunderland fans who appeared in the Netflix documentary, but it's got to be Wycombe for me for the reason I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sunderland are a huge club in terms of their support
    They certainly are! Brought the biggest away following to Ninian Park that I've ever witnessed.

Those 2 ECL games for Man City were some of the most enjoyable games I’ve watched in a long time mind