+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison on Bale

Morison on Bale

He says that they are waiting for Bale or his camp to contact CCFC.
    What nonsense!
    Do they think the deal might be sweeter if he says that he wants to come?
    Get on the phone and let him know that he’s wanted on the right terms which will always be megabucks away from his current earnings. His coming could never be about money.
    And if he says he’s not interested then get on with planning everything else.
    Signing Bale,which is huge long shot, would have a huge positive influence on our ability to sign new players, on the u23’’, selling seats, clothing everything.
    You don't sit around and wait for something like that to happen.
    And aren’t we always told that players want to feel wanted!

Re: Morison on Bale

Theres no reason for Bale to even be a subject of discussion at a press conference.
    If the club want to make an enquiry then they should do it. Let Bale say no, then move on.

I believe the club did make a tentative enquiry last summer about his availability for loan. It was around about the time of his charity golf tournament last summer which Madrid were apparently wanting to stop him from attending

It went no further as Ancelotti told the Madrid board he would be involved in the first team and he wasn't going anywhere unless a proper offer came in for him and that was the end of it

This of course could be complete bollox however I think there was some element of fact in it though I think it was given very short thrift

I'm sure Bale and his agent are aware a move to Cardiff or even Swansea (though I doubt that one) is one of his possibilities. It is about as likely as Bacuna getting a new contract though

Athletico or USA would be my guess
    Fantastic weather and Golf courses and fantastic places to bring your kids up

Just watched the pre game press conference on the club website - it’s worth having a look at. To me, Steve Morison finds it hard to hide his disdain if he’s not interested in the question he’s being asked or thinks it’s stupid, but, if it’s something he wants to talk about, then he can be a good listen - today fell into that category for me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the pre game press conference on the club website - it’s worth having a look at. To me, Steve Morison finds it hard to hide his disdain if he’s not interested in the question he’s being asked or thinks it’s stupid, but, if it’s something he wants to talk about, then he can be a good listen - today fell into that category for me.
    I do have some sympathy for him as the level of questioning is dubious at best and more often than not the question is stating the obvious

As for Bale he (SM) must be getting a bit fed up with the constant news stories on WOL which is just rehashing thought pieces from the journos and a distraction from the major rebuild that is needed - most people seem to think and accept that Bale won't make a decision until he knows Wales fate for the world Cup

Me personally I enjoy his media output

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I do have some sympathy for him as the level of questioning is dubious at best and more often than not the question is stating the obvious

As for Bale he (SM) must be getting a bit fed up with the constant news stories on WOL which is just rehashing thought pieces from the journos and a distraction from the major rebuild that is needed - most people seem to think and accept that Bale won't make a decision until he knows Wales fate for the world Cup

Me personally I enjoy his media output
    Me to.

Bale must be heading to the MLS, LA Galaxy or DC united , though Inter Miami must be in with a shout, great area with loads of golf courses within a few hours drive

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Bale must be heading to the MLS, LA Galaxy or DC united , though Inter Miami must be in with a shout, great area with loads of golf courses within a few hours drive
    why must he be going there?
    he could walk into a club in any of the big 5 leagues in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he would also be bonkers to have anything to do with us much as I'd love to see him at the CCS.

I think he could play more games in MLS. Plus the weather is better. Plus he could most likely go out on loan to the EPL if he wanted. My inkling is that Bale thinks he's done enough at club level and has nothing to prove.

earn a few quid - he doesn't need it
    pretty decent standard of life
    they speak English
    nice enough weather ( if he choses the right place )
    doesn't really need to prove anything which is ideal in the MLS
    1/2 decent golf courses ( that he can play all year round, in the right place )

It’s clear Bale’s fallen out of love with football but not with Wales

There’s no affinity with Cardiff or Swansea
    He doesn’t want to play football for the sake of it
    He doesn’t want to ‘come home’

He will not be playing for a welsh club next season

He’ll either make more money elsewhere or retire

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Don’t believe everything you read in newspapers. Especially Wales on Line.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Don’t believe everything you read in newspapers. Especially Wales on Line.
    And football With brownie