+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rich W*****S!!!

Rich W*****S!!!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...efund-23868072

Anyone frequent this place.

Thats told them. Sound right like knobs.

Re: Rich W*****S!!!

What a lovely man; total respect!

I think you have to be pretty well off to eat there, but it helps if you aren't a wanker

clickbait

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    clickbait
    Their whitebait is better

Whilst you can review businesses and leave positive comments, negative comments and outright damaging comments.

I have often thought it be great if you review a customer in the same way.

Having said that the ability and the balls to find the right spoken words at the time is becoming lost on society these days.

Good on him but surely the WOL headline is wrong, as he didn't give the server the entire £1000 - he refunded the guests £900 and gave her the other £100 as a tip. Typical WOL !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Good on him but surely the WOL headline is wrong, as he didn't give the server the entire £1000 - he refunded the guests £900 and gave her the other £100 as a tip. Typical WOL !
    I've been following this on twitter.

Lee is a lovely guy and the restaurant, although expensive, serves excellent food.

No he actually paid the server £1000..

All publicity is good publicity, as the saying goes.

I was confused by the headline aswell, but reading the whole story he did in the end give her the full £1000.

Read it in full. He gave her the 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Read it in full. He gave her the 1k.

"Wales star Aaron Ramsey even hired the entire restaurant as a romantic Valentine’s Day gesture."

Not knocking him, but I'd find it odd eating in an empty restaurant. I get that he wants a bit of privacy but I'd be super uncomfortable being the only table.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I've been following this on twitter.

Lee is a lovely guy and the restaurant, although expensive, serves excellent food.

No he actually paid the server £1000..
    And gave the £900 back to the diners ? Fair play, thats him £1900 out of pocket.

And gave the £900 back to the diners ? Fair play, thats him £1900 out of pocket.
    No.

He rescinded his initial offer to the diners and he instead gave the server £1000.

But it is a poorly written article.

No, he gave £1000 to the girl, no refund to the diners.

Stopped reading after "a top chef in cardiff"

I think its the same chef who, a few months ago, crowd funded for a new oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    "Wales star Aaron Ramsey even hired the entire restaurant as a romantic Valentine’s Day gesture."

Not knocking him, but I'd find it odd eating in an empty restaurant. I get that he wants a bit of privacy but I'd be super uncomfortable being the only table.
    saved him bumping into another diner and getting injured

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think its the same chef who, a few months ago, crowd funded for a new oven.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    saved him bumping into another diner and getting injured
    Fair play, some good replies in this thread!

In his comments to WOL and also Twitter he seems obsessed with making it a class, privilege and wealth issue above everything else. At his prices I expect they make up the majority of his clientele. Anyway it sounds a load of bollo*ks, just to get a bit of free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In his comments to WOL and also Twitter he seems obsessed with making it a class, privilege and wealth issue above everything else. At his prices I expect they make up the majority of his clientele. Anyway it sounds a load of bollo*ks, just to get a bit of free publicity.
    Logic would indicate that if you want to make a big thing of being "working class", opening a restaurant n a area that was gentrified decades ago is a tad silly.

Logic would also question why nothing was done at the time; as you said, he's received free publicity across the UK.